Dyno Results dissapointment.........

JAMIE MOY

Just took my 05 GT Roadster with 50,000 mls on a rolling road at Falken Performance in Glenrothes. The result was very disapointing I only achieved 257bhp and 181bhp at the wheels. Torque was 222 ft lbs :thumbdown:

It has got a full stainless exhaust and a some kind of cone pop charger filter. Not sure on the makes on either components as very aren't visible. Cannot understand why I only got this amount as stock it is 287bhp.

Is there anything I can do to reclaim the lost horses??? I did ask the guy at the rolling road but he said there is not much you can do to the ecu in a 350z. Is this normal for this cars age and milage or is it possible that the mods that are already on are'nt compatible with each other.

If anyone else has experienced this please let me know and how you rectified the power loss.......... :dry:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cannot understand why I only got this amount as stock it is 287bhp.

Is there anything I can do to reclaim the lost horses??? I did ask the guy at the rolling road but he said there is not much you can do to the ecu in a 350z.

stock is 276 bhp ;)

to make back what you've lost you need to get an uprev remap done to the stock ECU.

if its got 50,000 on the clock its due fresh spark plugs, a good service will help, quality oil,

also the early cars varied alot on the quoted figure, you probably haven't lost that much, its just what you started with.

also different dyno's read differently, so if you get a remap, i'd go back to the place you just used, and get them to do a comparitve one again.

I was told it was 287bhp. The car was registered in may 05. I thought the 350z was 287bhp and then the 06 was 297bhp or maybe im wrong lol....

How can you tell if you sparks need changing? is there something i need to look out for or is it just a routine task that needs doing......

I was told it was 287bhp. The car was registered in may 05. I thought the 350z was 287bhp and then the 06 was 297bhp or maybe im wrong lol....

How can you tell if you sparks need changing? is there something i need to look out for or is it just a routine task that needs doing......

you were told wrong.

276bhp

297bhp

309bhp

last one i think is 309, although it might be 313, can't remember off hand.

all the info is in the search function, and thread stickies at the top of the performance section.

as for sparks, in the service manual they are due their first change at about 52000

My friend works at Falken Performance, I might book mine in soon and see what results I get. I also have a full stainless steel exhaust and a jwt pop charger. But yes I can understand why you would be dissapointed, but most cars these days rarely meet quoted BHP stats : :dry:

your spark plugs can lose about 20% of performance, get them changed, have a remap and im sure you will find the figures your after.

So your saying that it could of lost 55bhp if it is the spark plugs??? Thats crazy if it is..........

Wishfull thinking but that would make it around the 300hp mark if it is........ :D

you'll proably find your air filter if its an open cone is suffering heat soak, and will loose you some ponies.

also a stainless exhaust may loose you some torque as well.

mods only make a difference once the car has been remapped to make full use of them.

go have a search for abbey motorsport and rs tuning, there are lots of dyno grpahs in them, especially the abbey one. showing pre and post tunes. also shows what mods people are using.

as for sparks, have a look on the envy website, under their service section, you can pick them out in their and it will give you a price as well.

sparks on the zed are done every 52,000 miles which is a long change interval, if your near that they won't be as clean and sparking as well as they would at 20,000 miles.

also dynos are only good for benchmarking.

so if your planning to mod it tells you your starting point, and you can then see what your improvements are from there.

don't base your figures on the stated manual ones, you may never have had all 276bhp to start with, others have had more.

I noticed a 2mpg improvement just from replacing my plugs with some new Denso Iridiums and the car definitely pulled better. God knows how long they had been in, I suspect the whole 54,000 miles!

It's worth noting that some Nissan dealers seem to regard replacing the plugs on a P3 service as an optional extra. :dry:

Opie Oils sell them for a good price. Try PMing ZMANALEX too, he sells all the stuff you need to service them and has fantastic customer service. :thumbs:

I noticed a 2mpg improvement just from replacing my plugs with some new Denso Iridiums and the car definitely pulled better. God knows how long they had been in, I suspect the whole 54,000 miles!

It's worth noting that some Nissan dealers seem to regard replacing the plugs on a P3 service as an optional extra. :dry:

Opie Oils sell them for a good price. Try PMing ZMANALEX too, he sells all the stuff you need to service them and has fantastic customer service. :thumbs:

They are an optional extra, apart from the service at 52,000-54,000,

you can change them beofre then if you want but manufacture states it will go all the way to 50 odd before new ones are required

They are an optional extra, apart from the service at 52,000-54,000,

you can change them beofre then if you want but manufacture states it will go all the way to 50 odd before new ones are required

I had the 54000 miles P3 service done before I picked up the car from the dealer and they didn't do mine! Swines! :lol:

Its not that difficult....providing you have some expertise in this area. Definitely doable yourself though. But you have to be real careful as your exposing the inlets into the engine....it may be just me but i would not trust anyone with that responsibility :shrug:

They are an additional service item at 54,000 miles and are not part of the P3/P2/P1 per se.

most can't tell you why it costs more for a P3 compared to a P2.

There is no difference between a P2 and a P3 from Nissan's point of view (pointed out for the hundredth time :angry: ) so I've also no idea why the prices are different

They are an additional service item at 54,000 miles and are not part of the P3/P2/P1 per se.

Indeed, that's clear from the checksheet you get from the dealer after your service. I just think the dealerships owe it to their customers to consider it mandatory, or at least strongly recommend it. 54,000 miles on one set of plugs is enough! ;)

i use the forum, and the nissan service checksheet, i then go down to my independent motorsports garage, and get them to do it. i supply the bits i want them to use like oil etc, and they fit it. i did it on my last p3 and they were awesome.

will be the same with my p1 in 5 months time