FS: Nismo Carbon Fibre Shift knob

Dr.TuB

Did you PM him to call dibs Coops?

If not sometimes money talks, its all well & good you calling dibs on the thread but if wizard pms 1st offering the cash then I doubt he would turn it down :shrug:

See your point Ian. Are there any forum rules on this?

Perhaps if not there should be. Although it seems a shame to have to require them. :thumbdown:

i believe they were recently updated no?

Did you PM him to call dibs Coops?

If not sometimes money talks, its all well & good you calling dibs on the thread but if wizard pms 1st offering the cash then I doubt he would turn it down :shrug:

See your point Ian. Are there any forum rules on this?

Perhaps if not there should be. Although it seems a shame to have to require them. :thumbdown:

i believe they were recently updated no?

Only to 15 posts though? I don't know, I've never read the rules :blush:

We should have something in place like they have on my350, Everything has to have a set price & a photo with your username next to what your selling :)

i know what dibs mean... but it doesnt mean i have to sell it to him just because he called dibs on the item.

if coop wanted the shift knob, he should've called dibs and then follow up with a pm.

wizard on the other hand sent me multiple pms inquiring about the shift knob.

if wizard wants to let coop have it. i have no problem here... but the way i see it, he doesnt have to do that as he took the initiative to pm me and not just typing dibs in the thread.

Didnt see a pm was required thought on the thread was enough until you pm'd me pics or put them up on the post? as soon as you had i would have pm'd req payment method etc ??

Thats how i would have worked anyways???

all any other intrested people had to do was type '2nd dibs'

hence the point of dibs?

I am on here everyday from around 4pm till 1.00am wouldnt have taken long for me to reply !

coops

i pmed you coop, but u didnt reply. i thought u lost interest. i have bought and sold many stuff on forums. and i have met many that calls dibs and then disappear. I thought you were one of them.

well its up to wizard now... he already paid (and didnt bother asking for pictures as them item is 99% brand new).

Well just to fill you in i trusted someone on this forums word and payed them over £1000 for a number of items, they turned out to be a conman and i lost the lot, still paying for that mistake now. So not so quick to trust people just like that, only had to look at my threads and posts and you would of had a better idea of my charactor dont mess people around!!!

Also would have replied when i got round to reading it, i am a member trader on here, been working all day just got in to start reading through all my emails, etc etc

Deal is done now, think it just highlights some changes may be a good idea like whatsdone on the my350 forum :thumbs:

coops

I can see both sides here. I personally think dibs can be called, but it must be followed up with a PM in a short time frame. i.e. If several people want the item, the first to call dibs should be given a grace period to get a PM in there asking for more pics/payment method or whatever. If someone else PM's within this time, they need to be made aware that they have to wait.

Therefore i think a dibs should expire after 1 hour or something. :shrug:

Coops wrote:

"Dibs pls Pic ?"

Surely after that its reasonable to assume that you have first refusal on the item. Coops asked for photo's, the seller never bothered to post them. I wouldn't have paid for the item without pics, to an unknown member in Poland.......

Coops wrote:

"Dibs pls Pic ?"

Surely after that its reasonable to assume that you have first refusal on the item. Coops asked for photo's, the seller never bothered to post them. I wouldn't have paid for the item without pics, to an unknown member in Poland.......

Coops :rant::dummy:

Coops wrote:

"Dibs pls Pic ?"

I can see both sides here. If I had advertised an item and someone called dibs but I had to go and take photos, upload them, post them etc. and maybe he still wouldn't go ahead or someone just offered me money, I would be tempted to take the easy route. A requirement for pics would prevent this in future cases. :thumbs:

Coops wrote:

"Dibs pls Pic ?"

I can see both sides here. If I had advertised an item and someone called dibs but I had to go and take photos, upload them, post them etc. and maybe he still wouldn't go ahead or someone just offered me money, I would be tempted to take the easy route. A requirement for pics would prevent this in future cases. :thumbs:

Its happening more & more latley, People are advertising stuff for sale with no pictures :dry: As a buyer, I shouldn't have to chase you for information on the item :thumbdown:

Coops wrote:

"Dibs pls Pic ?"

Its happening more & more latley, People are advertising stuff for sale with no pictures :dry: As a buyer, I shouldn't have to chase you for information on the item :thumbdown:

Agreed, the wheels are now in motion. :thumbs:

pictures plus price for the item should always be posted in a for sale thread.

Of course people can always PM to barter on price but if no price is put in the original thread it can also lead to people who do not know the exact value of the for sale item being ripped off by the seller. one of the best things about buying and selling on an online community is that people can also advise you if the price you are selling/buying at is reasonable.

As for no pictures, it's just plain lazy. I've seen it a lot on here recently and tbh it's just people using the forum for personal gain and putting nothing back into it. sorry but, **** off to ebay and pay fee's like everyone else if that's all your here for.

I personally would have sold it to the PM'er and this is what I've done in the past.

More importantly though I think we definitely need new rules such as (as Ian said) photos with name and then SOLD in thread title once gone. We also need to set buyer rules such as first person to reply to thread (as nobody can prove who sent a PM first) gets it.

Coops wrote:

"Dibs pls Pic ?"

Coops :rant::dummy:

What?