snow troubles

Marios

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cleared most of the snow off mine today and started it with the heater on max until the car warmed up then left it for 5mins. Windows all nicely defrosted and most of the snow fell off :lol:

+1

still can't get it off the drive though

Car has not moved since Monday morn.Decided to dig it out today and clear drive,car started first time.After clearing the snow decided to attach the hose pipe to the hot water tap and swill it down,even that started to freeze. :scare:

Will attempt to drive it tomorrow as the main roads are clear,just our estate that's still white.

Car has not moved since Monday morn.Decided to dig it out today and clear drive,car started first time.After clearing the snow decided to attach the hose pipe to the hot water tap and swill it down,even that started to freeze. :scare:

I hope you have nice warm garage otherwise the doors are likely to be frozen to the frame :scare:

Some pics from my house this morning.

The back garden

P1020315.jpg

P1020316.jpg

P1020317.jpg

My North Face booted foot lost in the snow!

P1020318.jpg

The Golf Cousre next to my house

P1020322.jpg

Jaynes car (used a lot in the snow and quite good!) with the Zed behind

P1020324.jpg

One of my snow piles!

P1020321.jpg

My poor freelander and a Q7 decided my side of the road looked better than his own despite me driving into the verge

P1020320.jpg

Luckily the glass was held on by the electric wires so it popped back in. Did the Q7 stop? Did it hell! I just hope he has WAY more damage than I had!

People that havent been using your zeds... have you been out and started them? Mine's been sat for 4 days and i tried to start it last night but the battery has gone. Im guessing the extreme cold has caused this.

Mine hasn't been started in a month, might do it tomorrow :blush:

Mine is dead :( No dash lights when I turn the key, I might actually have to buy a new battery this time :dry:

Mine is dead :( No dash lights when I turn the key, I might actually have to buy a new battery this time :dry:

Sounds like the battery is completely gone, might be able to save it if you charge it immediately, but I would assume the worst :thumbdown:

People that havent been using your zeds... have you been out and started them? Mine's been sat for 4 days and i tried to start it last night but the battery has gone. Im guessing the extreme cold has caused this.

Thought I'd better go and try mine today as I haven't used her since last Monday!

Cleared off all the snow, poured some warm but not to warm water down the door/window so it wouldn't stick......

Jumped in, turned the key and........

Hummmmm V6 :yahoo:

Man I miss driving her, when is this freakin weather gonna clear up so I can go for a real drive! :thumbdown:

Moved the Z yesterday with son's help .....this enabled the wife's car to be driven out of the garage.. had a drive in the Arosa out of necessity ..... the temp here is just above freezing at the moment and the forecast is that it will stay that way even at night so ........might go to work in the Z tomorrow if we don't get any more snow

but beware there are still some idiots out there