CEL light code P0430

rtbiscuit

Firstly a big thanks to Ian i bought his OBDII cable a couple of weeks ago, but hadn't got round to setting it up. car just threw up a CEL a few days back on the drive back and he's been great in sorting out drivers and helping me set it up so

:thumbs: thanks Ian :thumbs:

once i got the software up and running managed to pull this code off it

P0430

been trying to find the list of codes that tell you what they mean but i can't seem to find them :blush:

any one know what code this is?

Sounds like a bad passenger side cat (P0430). Stock cats are covered under the federal emissions warranty for 8yrs/80K. You can try swaping the rear 02's side to side to see if it code changes to P0420 (driver side) but it's most likely the cat.

i plugged the obd2 cable and software in and cleared it, its agone now and hasn't come back on since.

i think it might have been when i reveresed out of my gradparents drive there was a pile of snow and it may have clipped the cats. but its not come back yet after 100 miles since clearing. will monitor it.

thanks for the offer mark and look forward to seeing you soon.

Biscuit,

dont worry re the anti foulers, we can turn that fault code light,s off with the Uprev set up when we remap. Typical prob with high flow cats.

Unfortunately, My problem still exists...fault code showing front sensors only (Theyre Brand new BTW!) Nissan testing and CONSULT shows them to be working fine :bang:

I have anti-foulers on the REAR SENSORS was told that they arent needed on the fronts? is this correct?

Jerry thought they fixed your car after fitting a new ECU? Have you got sports cats fitted?

Hi Mark, I have high flow cats, that is correct. And they just fitted the Brand new ECU. But to be honest, they dont really know what else to try, I am going to have to come and see you very soon, after I have my MOT done before the 11th Jan.

• 1 month later...

I think my berks set of the CEL light in very cold weather - reset in warm weather and all is fine, then when it drops under 2-3 degrees, it comes back. My logic was that cold dense air allows more fuel to the mix, therfore runs rich...so emissions go up, tripping the CEL. Is this similar to what others have found?

Called Nissan to ask them to read the fault code for me, to be on the safe side, but they want to charge me £50 for the privilege. Is this standard Nissan practice?

I think my berks set of the CEL light in very cold weather - reset in warm weather and all is fine, then when it drops under 2-3 degrees, it comes back. My logic was that cold dense air allows more fuel to the mix, therfore runs rich...so emissions go up, tripping the CEL. Is this similar to what others have found?

Called Nissan to ask them to read the fault code for me, to be on the safe side, but they want to charge me £50 for the privilege. Is this standard Nissan practice?

come and see us we will do it FOC. and your get a coffee while waiting. :D

• 1 month later...