Winter Time

Anubis

Winter - what do you do?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Winter - what do you do?

• Drive every day - rain or shine (no snow and ice)
    • Drive every day - rain or shine (inc. snow and ice)
    • Drive only when sunny / nice weather
    • Keep it locked away until Spring regardless

yeah drive it all the time, what's the alternative?? ive heard of this w-a-l-k think?? not sure about it though :wacko:

:lol: im placing an order for some fun goodies to make the zed invulnerable to snow mwhahahaha

I thought the mention of Walkies would have made you go crazy!

I will use mine in the winter but i don't plan on leaving the house much as i've ordered Assasins creed 2 :lol:

I definatly wont be taking it up the hills when i go snowboarding, thats what my bro's megane is for.

R

Last year i used it every day but as time went on and spending more money on mods ect i was slowly getting fedup of cleaning it every two minutes so i run around in a 106 just to get me through these crappy months.

Happy days :thumbs:

I'm sort of dreading the day the snow falls. Only had her a few months and only have a rough idea what to expect from past experiences with a 300 Twin Turbo and those were not good. On one occasion I slowely reversed out of my driveway planned to just swing 90 degrees into the road. She had other ideas and insisted on 270 degrees :( On another I was crawling down a steepish hill and when I tried to stop from about 5 mph, 30 yards or so from the bottom, she insisted on sliding to the bottom and into the A40. Fortunately the weather was so bad that noone was coming along the A40.

I may yet be yearning for AWD. Just had 4 Winters living in Canada and had grown to find driving on the snow and ice quite fun, but I suppose the AWD of my Subaru (spits) was cheating :)

Tax ran out at the end of September so car is SORN'd and garaged until April :)

How to do you make sure everything is ticking over and the battery doesn't die, etc?

I said that it was SORN'd and garaged but never said anything about not going out and giving it a cuddle and some TLC every now & again !! :blush:

I go out 2 / 3 times a week to start it up and leave it running for a few minutes ... have also driven it round our Close just to get the wheels turning and make sure the brakes don't bind on ( yes I know it's a public road etc etc etc ).

I did get a sarky remark from one of the neighbours about "washing the car away" or something similar when I ran the car out of the garage , gave it a wash & wax and ran it back into the garage again ! :blush:

I use mine every day, whatever the weather

must admit though, last winter I was doing 94 miles a day commuting, boring M42 and M6, shame to put so many miles on a boring commute, might have to buy an old nag for work if that happens again

Mine sits wrapped up most of the time and have a little french slave that we drive around in as its a shed load chepaer on petrol.

If it doesnt come out at the weekend I start her up let her run until warmed through, stick the demister on (plus stick aircon on a bit is a good idea over winter) heating up high to dehumidfy the interior to prevent moisture build up and give it time for the alternator to recharge battery.

Roll her forward and back a bit then wrap her up again. Job done.

If you are storing it long term then look in to using WD40 to prevent moisture creeping in/protect some parts, vaseline rubber seals etc and stick small dehumidifer bag in. But unless you are going to do some serious prep work its easier to just start the motor for 10-15 mins once a week to preven engine seizure. :thumbs: