OMG..SIDEWAYS ALERT!!!

jerry3167

:scare: Guys, I was driving home from work last night around 10pm, the gauge in the Zed said "ICY" ! Got to Purley cross, and went round, didnt accelerate hard at all, as I turned the back end went right out until I was completely sideways, felt the ESP cut in, and a good job no one was up my arse too! :surrender:

Be careful out there guys, its getting well slippy out there..

Been sideways there too! Tescos one yeh? I did mean to though but it was far easier than expected!

Think its more down to the road and the amount of lorries that go round there dropping diesel residue on the road, always see the purple, blue, red sheen round there.. Also the tarmac is crap!

Also, careful with tyre shine and getting too much shampoo on the tyres this time of year.. it dosnt help too keep the car straight!

Also, careful with tyre shine and getting too much shampoo on the tyres this time of year.. it dosnt help too keep the car straight!

Makes me laugh on the tyre shine when it says not for Motobikes. Can you imagine if some numpty put it across their bike tyres :scare::blackeye:

Also watch your tyre pressures at this time of year, the cold can make them go down a few PSI, which can make some of them flex more and feel a little un-nerving.

Been sideways there too! Tescos one yeh? I did mean to though but it was far easier than expected!

Think its more down to the road and the amount of lorries that go round there dropping diesel residue on the road, always see the purple, blue, red sheen round there.. Also the tarmac is crap!

Yep, I agree.. the road surface there is really lethal when cold, damp, wet, or even mildly moist :scare: let alone lorries leaving diesel too.

On a positive note, I was at crystal palace car park a few weeks ago, and had the whole car park to myself as I was on a Pool plant operators course there ;)

It was wet, so I chucked the car around, getting the back out, catching the oversteer, feeling the understeer, and generally getting to know the handling characteristics a bit better.

Its given me a good knowledge of what happens when the Z lets go at the limit!

My car is tucked away clean in the garage and will stay there until the weather gets better, bring on the 106 though :blush::lol::lol:

Wimp :p

Personally I love this time of year as it means you can get the car to slide in a far slower and more controlled way than when it's bone dry. There's nothing better than a countryside blast with the roof down and the sun shining when it's still -13 outside. B)

agreed, i love this time of year, really helps to predict how the cars gonna handle when it lets go, i did come from the drift scene before but its all good fun, can see your point tho if your wernt expecting it tho, good job you didnt damage anything tho, lol, just had this image in my head from top gear on sunday with that kit car thing lol, some good recoverys needed there

ESP saved me the other day, car had a little wiggle whilst taking a right turn. Natural instinct kicked in with the counter steer and it was actually good fun?! Upon inspection, the road surface is worn as I saw this morning and took the turn in 3rd geer instead....no problems :)

lol ESP is always on for me, what is amazing is how in my smart roadster i litrally could put my foot flat down even in the wet, and only when pulling away would get slippage, however if i did that in the 350 i wouldnt go anywhere for ages! and I can even feel it kicking in when on a straight and i put my foot down in the wet!

What i've found in the 350 and in my leon prior, is that the car slips, ESP/TC cuts power then I get grip back. Then, and only THEN does the light decide to flash like a spaz. Telling my I'm losing traction.

NO @*!# SHERLOCK. Why don't you just send me a postcard:

Dear Number86,

You appear to have lost traction 4 days ago while driving like a tit. It's ok though. I intervened, and the cut the power appropriately.

Just thought I'd like you to know.

*FLASH FLASH*

Yours,

T. Control

My car is tucked away clean in the garage and will stay there until the weather gets better, bring on the 106 though :blush::lol::lol:

Wimp :p

Personally I love this time of year as it means you can get the car to slide in a far slower and more controlled way than when it's bone dry. There's nothing better than a countryside blast with the roof down and the sun shining when it's still -13 outside. B)

lol thas how i am, the wetter it is the more fun i have with my car :D:D cost free drifting !!

Im waiting for the icy/snowy weather then ill take it out to play.lol. Took me ages to get to a car park last year to play,i couldnt get over 15mph & tickling the pedal in the fto or i had no steering :lol:

Bring on the rwd this time round :boxing:

man your in for some fun , fwd to RWD with 300bhp and buckets or torque :0