370 stuff

Mark@Abbey m/s

Just thought I would help you 370 owners with some info I have been told by my friends in the US.

Seems Nissan has not fitted any kind of oil cooler on the 370 cars , I have been told that if you use the car on the track or are a very spirited driver on the road the cars suffer from extremely high oil temperture even to a point that the engine have suffered bearin failure. Seems a lot of US owners are fitting oil cooler kits.

We can also tune your cars with the UpRev system ( we may need a car to upload the RAM from before we can tune thou , need a ECU number to confirm if we do have a correct RAM image) , unlike the 350 your cars get full throttle in ever gear but they do limit the lower gear performance by limiting the valve lift.

Any questions re your car feel free to ask away.

Mark

Track work it has been known to see 140+ temps , the cars do seem to run a little warm if they run on the track , but most cars do once, you start working them pretty hard ( trackwork you rev the car so much more than driving on the road)

It would be good to hear from people that have been doing some high speed motorway work in Germany thou.

I would advise if you going to track the car an oil cooler is a definite item to add.

Thats just pathetic. They are blatently just trying to save money by not fitting them as standard, and even admiting they need them by running with them on the track.

What would happen if you did track it and cooked it and the bearings failed? Are there any warnings about track preperation for the car? They cant do experiences advertising how good the car is on the track and then expect you to mod the car before you do the same in a standard one :bangin:

• 4 months later...
Thats just pathetic. They are blatently just trying to save money by not fitting them as standard, and even admiting they need them by running with them on the track.

What would happen if you did track it and cooked it and the bearings failed? Are there any warnings about track preperation for the car? They cant do experiences advertising how good the car is on the track and then expect you to mod the car before you do the same in a standard one :bangin:

:lol: Agreed

I hope this doesn't turn into a GTR launch control style problem.

I assume you can't add a cooler without invalidating the warranty?!

not sure, there are somethings you can do to a car in warranty without invalidating it.

if you speak to nissan they might have recomended brands and if they were fitted by nissan as well than they may still keep it in warranty

I hope this doesn't turn into a GTR launch control style problem.

I assume you can't add a cooler without invalidating the warranty?!

Probably not..........and you certainly won't be able to track it without invalidating the warranty ;):lol:

Nissan US supply oil coolers (at a quite a price) but I have read that owners have then had issues with getting the oil temp up to anything near working temperature when not on track or during cold weather :doh:

So far I have not seen anything above 94 and that included some 'spirited' driving in Wales - and it mostly hovers around 88-90. So unless some serious track work is envisaged or climate change means we get US temperatures, I don't see it being an issue here, but that does not mean I will not be keeping an eye on the oil temp guage.

In fact, as the digital light system for water temperature is less informative than the guage in the 350 I will be regularly checking what the oil temp is doing, particuarly in warmer weather. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The one thing that amazes me is how long it takes ( normal driving ) for the oil temp gauge to actually move, makes me realise how important it is on other cars to allow a reasonable interval before revving too hard.

As Colin says, you can get a Nismo oil cooler, which in itself does not invalidate the warranty, but as per any mod, if it causes a problem, then they wont pay out. It doesnt come with a thermostatic sandwich plate though, which is why they havent been able to get oil temps up. Over here you'd have to use a sandwich plate which allows the temps to rise before it diverts oil to the cooler. RJN would probably be the best people to speak to as they preped the FreeRACE cars.

Any mod in itself like an oil cooler, intake, exhaust, etc, will not invalidate the warranty, but if its proven to have caused the problem, they will deny work on the part of the car it relates to.

• 1 month later...

Unless u r doing track days u shoudn't need a oil cooler in the uk it was 33c here today and I only saw 101c on the gauge and I only have a 19 row cooler that's stop start driving coming back from the beach on a normal run it reads 82c in cold weather I have to put a cover over the cooler even then it reads 74 c . Once u get to 127 c the car goes into limp mode any way it will not damage the engine . People here have had the oil cooler hoses come off that's what caused the engine failures .

The nismo cooler iis an r part anyway there is no warranty with it at all .

• 1 month later...