Nissan Race Academy 370z

nurrish

Nurrish 88

Rich5259 88

Ebized 90

H5 88

Maccaman 83 :blush:

Guys well done and glad you all got a good day out and thanks for sharing you experience :thumbs:

I had the chance to come along last minute but felt it would be fair to give you guys a fair crack :p

But what's up with these percentages anyway!

Who won? what? why? and what next .......or explain what the %s mean to us who where not there.:bang:

:lol:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have given my details for a weekend test drive......but please no one tell June otherwise it will be this :headhurt: from this :bangin: .

Oh, and chatting to the head of Nissan Europe a full bloodied 370 Nismo for the UK is not ruled out but unlikely for 2010. Wheeling and dealing going on to ensure what can be offered is competively priced ;)

http://www.very.co.uk/rf/vry//navigatio ... dbags&Np=1

A nismo for a £55 handbag... Am calling your wives, am sure they could broker a much better deal!!

I have given my details for a weekend test drive......but please no one tell June otherwise it will be this :headhurt: from this :bangin: .

Oh, and chatting to the head of Nissan Europe a full bloodied 370 Nismo for the UK is not ruled out but unlikely for 2010. Wheeling and dealing going on to ensure what can be offered is competively priced ;)

http://www.very.co.uk/rf/vry//navigatio ... dbags&Np=1

A nismo for a £55 handbag... Am calling your wives, am sure they could broker a much better deal!!

Pfff, you obviously havent met June. No £55 handbags for her, or Amanda for that matter. When you factor in the handbag and holiday factor, a Nismo exhaust is far from a bargin at any price :headhurt:

I had to resist this day otherwise I might have put an order in for a 370z. Hoping to get a weekend testdrive soon though :ninja:

A few pics from today :)

The 370 camp

P1060265.jpg

Nostaglia corner (with a GTR and race academy car thrown in)

P1060268.jpg

One of the circuit cars (I gather in this colour they were manual and those in white were auto - all left hand drive)

P1060279.jpg

Cars for the drive outside the circuit - two guests in each and linked by radio from two support vehicles - each guest had a turn to drive. Auto and manual.

P1060270.jpg

Too quick for the camera, having cut the apex :p

Colinin37030-10-09.jpg

In answer to what is the % thing - here is my score card showing how it is calculated

[attachment=0]370 driving assessment 30-10-09.pdf[/attachment]

:teeth:

Thats funny i had all A's and just one B for position applied in corners!!

I think we can take these scores with a pinch of salt :p

If its anything like the day I did at Thruxton, most people come out with a very similar mark. On that day I got 85% but overtook every one of the other people in the Caymans we were driving (as it drives very like a Zed, so easy to go quick), and still came out only 5% above most of them, half of which hadnt driven anything performance before and were stupidly slow! I would guess if you are half decent you will get 80% and if you are a good driver you will get more. But it wont be detailed above that.

Did you have timed laps? ;)

Thats funny i had all A's and just one B for position applied in corners!!

I think we can take these scores with a pinch of salt :p

If its anything like the day I did at Thruxton, most people come out with a very similar mark. On that day I got 85% but overtook every one of the other people in the Caymans we were driving (as it drives very like a Zed, so easy to go quick), and still came out only 5% above most of them, half of which hadnt driven anything performance before and were stupidly slow! I would guess if you are half decent you will get 80% and if you are a good driver you will get more. But it wont be detailed above that.

Did you have timed laps? ;)

With 9 different 'instructors' there is no way there would be consistency in the marking but to be fair from my experience and what I heard they were not at all restrictive and once they sensed your capabilities encouraged overtaking - Rob (H5) saying that on one lap he was told to blast between two slower cars. As professional racing drivers employed to give us a great experience they did just that - if it had been Nissan employees I doubt we would have had the same freedom. And no, there was no timed laps but speeds up to 130-140 on the straight were on.

I was passed by the GTR on a fast lap with one of the winners of a previous group - jeeeeez that was shifting - would have loved to have a ride with the Nissan racing driver brought along for those hot laps - what a job eh :dry::lol:

OK Mart - roadster pics coming -phew trying to keep up with this thread and plan tomorrows trip to the ACE cafe now that I am leading a small group - its all go :lol:

Just for Martin and anyone else interested :teeth: Stuffed in the corner was not conducive to good pics but here you go:

P1060280.jpg

P1060273.jpg

P1060281.jpg

P1060278.jpg

P1060285.jpg

The boot height is accentuated on the roadster but we noticed that in both the coupe and roadster the boot actually seems shallower than the 350's, which given there is no spare (spacesaver) wheel I guess is down to the removal of the strut from the boot area needing to be compensated by extra strengthening around the boot floor (Nissan guys not too keen on us pulling the boot trays out etc to check)

The beesting boot aerial is prominent and not sure if an added 'wing' would make the resulting overall height just too high.

Couldn't work out if the rollover hoops would extend on a rollover/collision (as in BM's) but the plastic finish that disguises was a let down - shame the polished hoops were not left unclad?

Had a great afternoon at the Academy, I was looking out for members, spoke to Richie, Tesh and Dash, and had a good talk with Lucas too, great guy, a great afternoon, thanks to Nissan… :)

Was nice chatting with ya CS, awesome trip out.

That GTR is crazy quick! I wouldn't mind knowing how many sets of tyres Lucas has been thru driving like that!

I was there for the 8.20am start with a friend. We got stuck into the bacon nice and early!

I was pretty unimpressed when they said the cars for track were going to be left hand drive and auto. Add to this a very slippery and damp track, an unfamiliar car and an unfamiliar track, and the instructor really started to pee me off when he kept grabbing the wheel and shouting at me to use all the track, then telling me to be careful of the grass! I wish they'd just let you get into the flow of it like you can on a track day, instead of trying to make you drive at 100% the moment you leave the pits. :thumbdown: Not the way to do it imho. Still, managed to score 89%, although I think these scores are to make you feel good about yourself ;)

Hats off to Nissan though for arranging the day and not charging. It was great to drive the 370, although I wouldn't consider replacing my 350 with one. It felt much softer, and really pitched and dived under acceleration and braking. I also thought the steering had less feel ,and the gear change had a slightly more rubbery feel to it. There was less (good) noise too, and this made it feel slower than the 350.

I'll have to start saving for a GTR then... :scare:

There was a guy in our session who had his GTR delivered 2 weeks ago. We had a good look round it and a sit inside. He said he has owned 911s, TVRs etc and the GTR is easily the best in every respect. He previously had a Z too and spoke very highly of it. :)