I've had enough...*CAUTION HIGHLY PERSONAL RANT*

BulletMagnet

Ross, I know what your saying and as Ian has pointed out my flaw already, you may well be totally right, but would you rather buy a noname brand headunit from Argos or an established brand like Panasonic, Pioneer or Sony?

Sorry to say it BM, but thats another crap argument!

There is a HUGE difference in quality , looks, features between unbranded 'Ripspeed' units and braded, JVC, Alpine, Nakamichi etc... units... In some cases with body parts the unbranded parts look the same and do the same job, and im some cases even fit as well, so i dont think that pitching the argument in those terms really works in this case.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK OK, I am totally crap at trying to use examples for my argument, but at least people know what I'm trying to say, right?

Yes we do, but everybody is entitled to their own opinion and at the end of the day thats all that matters, as long as you are happy doing what you do then why bother? :)

I always buy Heinz baked beans but i dont start ranting at other customers when someone buys bobby nonames beans in the same shop :lol:

I always buy Heinz baked beans but i dont start ranting at other customers when someone buys bobby nonames beans in the same shop :lol:

:lol: PMSL

Does anyone else remember Mr Angry from Steve Wright in the Afternoon on Radio 1? ;)

:lol: PMSL

Does anyone else remember Mr Angry from Steve Wright in the Afternoon on Radio 1? ;)

Yes i miss that greatly :lol: Loved how he would start off quite gentle then he would build up to a monumental rant.

I used to love Mr Mad. Who mad then? He needs a check up from the neck up :lol:

OK OK, I am totally crap at trying to use examples for my argument, but at least people know what I'm trying to say, right?

Yes we do, but everybody is entitled to their own opinion and at the end of the day thats all that matters, as long as you are happy doing what you do then why bother? :)

:lol::lol: loving those bobby nonames beans

I havent laughed so much in ages than at reading this thread :lol:

I for one buy on reputation and quality, not on name. I have a Nismo gear knob and the top "metal" isnt metal at all and the covering is wearing off. Now we know one of our members does a "rip off" of it, but its made in solid metal and cheaper to boot. Now which one would you go for? If you vote Nismo, then you are a brand whore (just like I was at the time) and thats your porogative. I for one wouldnt get another Nismo knob. :dry:

I for one buy on reputation and quality, not on name. I have a Nismo gear knob and the top "metal" isnt metal at all and the covering is wearing off. Now we know one of our members does a "rip off" of it, but its made in solid metal and cheaper to boot. Now which one would you go for? If you vote Nismo, then you are a brand whore (just like I was at the time) and thats your porogative. I for one wouldnt get another Nismo knob. :dry:

I'd buy the Evo-R ti knob or the TK knob :p

I'd buy the Evo-R ti knob or the TK knob :p

Actually the Evo-R Ti isnt bad priced :blush:

i've bought a mix of original and non original parts, and bought from a variety of sellers on here, or members, i don't tend to go on names, but more what comes up cheapest second hand. i had the likwid art range made, yes it started from an original part, but long term plans was to use it and take it further offering parts that TK don't offer. and i recently found out the TK symbol (Z) isn't theirs originally, its an old datsun symbol before TK were around.

as for manufactures they are all a bunch a copiers. i studied at Coventry Uni, where they have a very large rapid prototyping machine. large enough to get a car into it. and i know of several companies who use such a machine to reverse engineer the competitions vehicles.

what about the F1 issues with ferrari drawings being handed to opposing teams.

its just the circle of life :blush:

Original doesnt necesarily mean better quality/fitment etc though.

have to agree with chesterfield. I purchase original veilside kit, and quality was crap, the replica that I saw was much hard wearing...

Also alot of the brands are way over price not everyone can afford them, so if a cheap replica comes on the market and seems just as good, then why not. Talking about stealing original design ideas, but to be honest who says the originals are originals. Everyone is inspired or copys bits of everything nowadays. Its virtually impossible to create anything original :blush:

just my 2 pence worth.

:surrender:

Wow Mark, 5 pages in 3 and a half hours. Where did that little rant come from. We do sell both original and copies and both are good quality and competatively prices :D The only thing I have a problem with is people selling cheapo rubbish on the internet, taking money off people and then people realising the have bought a load of rubbish, some examples of which I have hanging on my garage wall. There are however some nice replicas/copies out there. Each to their own though with regards to buying original or copies and like already said we don't all have the pockets to go with the expensive stuff all the time.

Sarah :)

:surrender:

Wow Mark, 5 pages in 3 and a half hours. Where did that little rant come from. We do sell both original and copies and both are good quality and competatively prices :D The only thing I have a problem with is people selling cheapo rubbish on the internet, taking money off people and then people realising the have bought a load of rubbish, some examples of which I have hanging on my garage wall. There are however some nice replicas/copies out there. Each to their own though with regards to buying original or copies and like already said we don't all have the pockets to go with the expensive stuff all the time.

Sarah :)

Nicely put I think Sarah.

Check out http://z-store.co.uk/ for said good quality and competitively priced parts. ;)