Grey S2000 with zed eating sticker on it!

RichieP

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those astra VXR's aren't slow

I can vouch for that... :wacko: I got a reality check on the Autobahn whilst doing 150+mph and had one accelerate away from me! And then to further humiliate me he beat me from a standing start as well. We had a chat at the lights and he admitted there was nothing standard on his car, but still.... :blush:

I am surprised how many members underestimate the Zed. yes I agree its not that fast in a straight line nut bring on the twisties and not many of the above listed cars can match it.

That vauxhall tin is light and fast in a straight line but have you seen how much UNDERSTEER it suffers from.

the s2000 is about 200 kgs lighter but has just over 50% the torque the Zed has. And quite frankly in a round-about I would rather be in the boot of a Zed rather than driving an S2000 :lol:

I am surprised how many members underestimate the Zed. yes I agree its not that fast in a straight line nut bring on the twisties and not many of the above listed cars can match it.

That vauxhall tin is light and fast in a straight line but have you seen how much UNDERSTEER it suffers from.

the s2000 is about 200 kgs lighter but has just over 50% the torque the Zed has. And quite frankly in a round-about I would rather be in the boot of a Zed rather than driving an S2000 :lol:

i don't under estimate the zed, its a very capapble car and why i chose it, but i do think some people over estimate it. they see a sporty car and assume its untouchable by anything else, and then get in a huff when something overtakes them.

the zed is a very capapble machine and when in very capable hands not alot will keep up with it. driver ability accounts for a lot, but the zed will back you up all the way.

others like you said, are fine for the drag strip but are crap for the track.

Think i will stick to the Saxos and Corsehairs for now then progress as my rear wheel driving improves.

I was looking at all sort of cars before i settled on the zed but the thing that annoys me most about the "Hot Hatches" is the amount of Power the front wheels have to cope with inevitably leading to Understeer and torquesteer. Also you have to look at what you have not knocking the VXRs or the type-r Civics but what you have will always be an Astra or Civic with a body kit on it (ok little bit more to it than that) but you know what i mean.

The Zed is just Unique in my opinion :teeth:

Thankfully I have not had anyone give me a red neck yet but I am now very seriously considering the NOS route after reading thru those two threads yesterday. Gives me the best of both worlds, I can cruise about doing what I do then if someone tries to be a smart arse, just press the button and say ta ta.

And that performance piece of mind can be gotten for around the £1k mark....

please enlighten me on this vtec, yo. joke

i dont know it, yet the saying plus the pic still made me laugh like mad.

It's from back in the day when the first Fast & Furious film came out and basically all the technical talk was a load of rubbish.

For example:

"Like I told you man, you got a massive hole in your fuel map. Adjust that and you'll easily run nines..."

This reffering to a front wheel drive Nissan Maxima....

Thankfully I have not had anyone give me a red neck yet but I am now very seriously considering the NOS route after reading thru those two threads yesterday. Gives me the best of both worlds, I can cruise about doing what I do then if someone tries to be a smart arse, just press the button and say ta ta.

And that performance piece of mind can be gotten for around the £1k mark....

...and in a similar vein, that same film is responsiblr for everybody calling nitrous NOS, NOS is a brand, not the item...

CalledNitrous.jpg

Today something very Powerful looking pulled up next to me..I didnt pay to much attention, it looked like a Lexus type car. So at the Lights by STAR LANE Hooley, I pulled away very quickly, in Zed terms anyway, thinking I had made a clean launch, this very big looking car overtook me with casual arrogance :surrender: Was just a Big whooooooosh!!

Then as it passed me I saw 4 Rings interlocked and to the left it said "S6" :scare: I came of the gas pedal and sobbed uncontrollably.. :lol:

dont think NOS came from that movie....

then again:

Nitrous is an often used as an abbreviation for the nitrous oxide, also referred to as NOS. The term NOS is derived from the initials of the company name Nitrous Oxide Systems, one of the pioneering companies in the development of nitrous oxide injection systems for automotive performance use. The term was used prominently in the film The Fast and the Furious, and not surprisingly, shortly after the film's release, various automotive newsgroups and forums featured unprecedented numbers of inquiries about "NOS" and how to install and use it. To a biochemist, however, NOS refers to nitric oxide synthase.

Today something very Powerful looking pulled up next to me..I didnt pay to much attention, it looked like a Lexus type car. So at the Lights by STAR LANE Hooley, I pulled away very quickly, in Zed terms anyway, thinking I had made a clean launch, this very big looking car overtook me with casual arrogance :surrender: Was just a Big whooooooosh!!

Then as it passed me I saw 4 Rings interlocked and to the left it said "S6" :scare: I came of the gas pedal and sobbed uncontrollably.. :lol:

ouch....

Production June 2006-present

Predecessor S6 (C5)

Platform Volkswagen Group C6 platform

Engine(s) 5.2 L V10 FSI 2xDOHC

:blink:

then again:

Nitrous is an often used as an abbreviation for the nitrous oxide, also referred to as NOS. The term NOS is derived from the initials of the company name Nitrous Oxide Systems, one of the pioneering companies in the development of nitrous oxide injection systems for automotive performance use. The term was used prominently in the film The Fast and the Furious, and not surprisingly, shortly after the film's release, various automotive newsgroups and forums featured unprecedented numbers of inquiries about "NOS" and how to install and use it. To a biochemist, however, NOS refers to nitric oxide synthase.

If you'd seen that movie, then you'd agree that the "NOS" was so prominently product placed in that film.

I know that NOS stands for Nitrous Oxide Systems, but for the more chavvy types, it's become the term associated wth nitrous.

like in one scene, there are like 7 or 8 banners from "NOS" on one wall!!!!

So even if the film wasn't the origin of the name, it certainly what made it mainstream

then again:

If you'd seen that movie, then you'd agree that the "NOS" was so prominently product placed in that film.

I know that NOS stands for Nitrous Oxide Systems, but for the more chavvy types, it's become the term associated wth nitrous.

like in one scene, there are like 7 or 8 banners from "NOS" on one wall!!!!

So even if the film wasn't the origin of the name, it certainly what made it mainstream

have to go and watch that now :dance:

It's from back in the day when the first Fast & Furious film came out and basically all the technical talk was a load of rubbish.

For example:

"Like I told you man, you got a massive hole in your fuel map. Adjust that and you'll easily run nines..."

So does somebody say v-tec just kicked in, yo?? lets for get about this NOS vs Nitrous jargon and concentrate on the important matters, like me understanding this joke :blush:

For example:

So does somebody say v-tec just kicked in, yo?? lets for get about this NOS vs Nitrous jargon and concentrate on the important matters, like me understanding this joke :blush:

People think Honda's are crazy fast cos they rev to 9000rpm but you only get power at 5k bit like a turbo there is a lag and then it kicks . To get power you have to rev the hell out of them until Vtec kicks in YO! like

scootervtec.jpg

vtec-just-kicked-in-yo.jpg

Vteccrash.jpg

Vtec_crash.jpg

now going to watch the tokyo drift for the 1st time... to see what this NOS is all about! :snack:

Noooo, you need to watch the original "The Fast And The Furious" to see the whole "NOS" hype-up in full effect....

Tokyo Drift is from a technical view a bit better and stuff is more spot on even tho there are alot of errors still....

now going to watch the tokyo drift for the 1st time... to see what this NOS is all about! :snack:

Noooo, you need to watch the original "The Fast And The Furious" to see the whole "NOS" hype-up in full effect....

Tokyo Drift is from a technical view a bit better and stuff is more spot on even tho there are alot of errors still....

ffs

hmmm its in hindu :teeth: