Smoke Grenade

SunGodRA

Some little ****'major swear words here' **** oik has just put a smoke grenade through my letterbox (its was actually called a 'smoke grenade' but it resembled a firework, about 1"x6" - filled my place with smoke in seconds. My son was asleep in bed and luckily I was still awake and got us both out quickly - the smoke alarm seemed to take ages to go off, a bit worrying really!

Called the police, and I have to give them a big 10/10 - they were here within 2 minutes, loads of them! and the police operator on the phone talked me through what to do etc. Apparently I wasn't the only one targeted tonight. It can't have been personal, as my Zed was parked outside, if it was personal they would have done damage to that I would have thought.

Anyway - I am still a bit shaky over the whole thing - and to be honest, my blood is boiling - where has all the discipline gone in this country? without sounding like an old fart @41years - this sort of thing never happened when I was younger. Bring back good old fashioned 'Birching' like they used on the Isle of Man!

by your calculations I must be a very old fart, :rant: however I share your view. It's time the government woke up and stopped patting young offenders on the head and got back to a sound thrashing :angry:

I certainly meet the old fart critera also and completely agree with what has been said. The problem with this country is most decent folk would welcome much more strict disciplinary measures, but we are all too busy to actually do anything about it.

waste of time and space some of them, they need strict boundaries and there parents are supplying it to them,

parents let them run wild,

teachers are very limited in what they can do with them

its just the police left and there hands are tied because of the government.

we need to leave the EU, or at least stop following all there policy's to the letter like the human rights crap they keep printing. we're the only country that do, every one else must be laughing at us

smoke grenade eh..

ambushed a infantry of combatants at paintballing last week with 9 of those little beggers :lol:

they let of some amount of smoke so i guess that getting one shoved through your letter box wasnt to nice at all

lock them up and shove smoke bombs into the cell room :lol: see how they like it :thumbs:

There is no such thing as a nice kid these days :angry: Its gone down hill majorly in the last 10 years. If I ever misbehaved (not THAT long ago lol) I knew I was in for the smacking of a lifetime - these days the kids get taken home by the coppers and a nice pat on the head from their parents. You can't really blame the kids, its the lack of discipline (maybe down to laws or maybe down to the fact that parents just can't be arsed).

The kids on this estate wreak havoc every weekend, it is only a matter of time before one of them gets knocked down by a car and then who's fault will it be? Latest thing is those plastic BB guns - what parent in their right mind buys a kid a weapon ffs? Unfortunately, one of the kids decided to turn his bb gun on one of our cats in march and killed him. RIP Dave :( If I ever catch the little bastard who did it I will not be held responsible for my actions!!!

Glad you're not hurt.

As a side note, I've used smoke grenades when paintballing - pretty harmless but you can't see nowt apart from a bright pink cloud. Still, if I saw that come through my letter box I would instantly think firework too.

The thing is, is that when I was a kid I wouldn't even dream of chalking on the pavement, let alone doing stuff like this. Its all down to the parents and upbringing - scummers will bring up even more scum. If you have good parents and get told from and early age to respect your fellow man then things like this won't happen.

Chavs and scum like this are the plague of this earth in my opinion. They contribute diddle s*** yet leach from the system, they pick fights, cause arguments, shout 24/7, thick as two short planks, no drive to better themselves, etc, etc - I have literally no time for them.

parenting is the big one here.

your only as good as they way you were brought up, and in some cases, dragged up.

i teach a real mix of students at my school and actually there are still nice kids out there.

and as a side note a lot of the difficult ones i teach are actually quite nice as well, they just get bored and switch there brain off.

A good smack (not a battering) when you are young teaches you. Then the threat is enough and finally you don't do anything.

Parenting begins at home and should include keeping your kids on the straight and narrow.

It's shocking that kids are doing things like this. There are boundries in the 'naughty' stakes and these types of attacks are well over those!