So why did you buy yours?

Ekona

Why did you buy your Zed?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Why did you buy your Zed?

• Appearance
    • Performance

I voted performance but its more than just that. The 350 is an all rounder. Performance, comfort, value, reliability, practicality (well sort of), handling and yes looks too.

IMHO my old VX220 was the most visually impressive car I have ever owned and had good performance but it had to go as it ticked too few of the other boxes... :byebye:

My first proper car was a Honda CRX V-tec, I loved it's short stance, and characterful engine... the 350z looked like the nearest thing in today's market place.

I then drove one a few years back on a driving day in Bedfore and from that moment, I always new i had to have one. Now though, the wife is pregnant...

There's a lesson there for everyone...

Wow, some very interesting responses :thumbs:

The results of the poll are pretty much what I thought they'd be, and they certainly sum up the contents of the forum for the most part. I can't say that I'm not a little disappointed really with the results, as the Zed is such an amazing driver's car and I personally feel that it's a shame that so many people bought the car for the way it looks rather than what it can do, but that's just me being me; I totally understand and appreciate that not everyone is the same and has the same objectives from their cars as I do. It'd be a boring world if that was the case! :lol:

So yeah, I voted performance ;)

i can't believe 2 thirds of this club are a bunch of tarts :lol:

right wheres my handbag i'm leaving :lol:

Load of slappers the lot of you!

Doesn't Jay have a nice Louis Vuitton ;):lol:

i ticked the performance button, cos im a performance whore :blush:

Ah but can Lucy confirm this for us? :lol:

I can understand the amount of people passionate about the looks rather than the performance. If i'm honest the car has mmore than enough for overtaking and getting somewhere in a hurry, tuning anything on a z seems to cost a bloody fortune for the gains achievable.

I used to be able to play with most things on the road witha 210bhp corrado and the z is much faster, the only time i've thought 'i know my place' was when i was giving it some beans on a counrty road and a gallado and r35 gtr came storming past!

There are cheaper and more fun ways to play on a track imo and thats where the z, being too new, looses out, i think when these get older like the s14 200 sx and z32 300zx they will apeal far more for performance cos the initial outlay'll be less.

I'll stick to playing with vws for my crazy car for the time being, i grew up with them from 17 and they are all related and straight forward so it makes swappign parts quite straight forward... i would never think about installing 4wd into a primera! (although i did used to work with a fella at nissan with a rwd 2.0 16v k12 micra! lol)

If i wanted performance id have a Evo or a Skyline, Z's all about the looks and sound for me.

100% Agree - if your after performance, although the zed has a lot of grunt its also a bit of a fat pie. If your a total speed freak and love your track days, go for something very light.

I think for me it was both performance and looks. The looks are :cloud9: , the noise is even more :cloud9: and the performance is high enough to keep me happy but at the same time the insurance companies don't laugh at me.

mmm, its the combination for me definitely. As i've said before, i saw and HEARD my first 350z in a car park and knew i had to have one so the decision was made without driving it. BUT having come from a background of reasonably quick cars i would never have bought it just for its looks it always had to have some oomph or i would never have touched it...................don't know what to vote for.............. :lol:

Right, i had to go for performance because being quick is more important to me than being pretty..... :)