Some news for you and ..I am going to keep the Zed

stanski

Hi Folks

For those that dont know, me and Lucy are expecting our first baby its absolutely the best news ever for us both and we cant wait for the big day. :yahoo::dummy:

However since Lucy recently sold her Zed to get a practical car I have been thinking how long I can realistically hold onto mine?

Naturally a 2 seater car (quite selfish really when there will be 3 of us next year?) is not holding the same appeal to me it did when it was just the 2 of us. We loved going on the club meets and runs out especially the Hoon but we wont be able to do that anymore and its not the same just 1 of us going while the other baby sits etc.

So I will most likely put mine up for sale shortly. It will break my heart but I keep thinking we need another car with 4 seats and preferably 2 more doors.

This does'nt mean we will be leaving the club or wont turn up for meets as before we just wont be in Zeds. Hope it will still be ok to turn up and say hi? (With cakes or sweets of course!) ;)

I always wanted a Chrysler 300c :blush: (yes the diesel) since I do 3000 miles a month to work and back thats a lot of miles, tyres, serving costs etc etc.They are great long distance wafters with about 40mpg and have a great menacing yet cartoon like look which I really like and cheap now B)

I have actually considered the G35 (which is the 4 seater version of the Zed) but I would be forever comparing it to mine and regretting it however the new G37 Infiniti coupe is a real option for the future when they find their way onto the second hand market and prices drop so hopefully veer back towards the Datsun brand! :lol:

Enough ramblings just wondered what other people in a similar position have done or any thoughts on alternatives?

I cant stand the standard Bland German offerings btw :yawn:

Common sense tells me to buy a Mazda 6 diesel or an Avensis but again - great solid cars but no soul! :blackeye:

If anyone is seriously interested in mine please PM me for more pics and info if required.

Thanks for reading - will put a proper ad in the right section later on. :byebye:

zt9PLizkdY.jpg

dCcYnD7fkb.jpg

tough choices, congrats on the new arrival, me and my lucy want to head in that direction at some point, but we plan to use my wifes car as the family wagon, i use mine for work, and lucy when and if we had kids would be at home so would need the family car would have hers, and then come the weekend we both use hers as the family wagon. (i think that came out a bit garbled :blush: )

why have 2 family cars if your in yours for work, use the wifes for the weekend family activities.

our plans may change in the future but thats what i have mapped out for the future,

Congrats m8!!! :clap:

However i think you should just salvage that little banger so that mine is the only one!!!!! :p:lol:

Why not keep the Zed and get yourself a little mile eater like a honda civic??? Old used one for the work commute and the bain...cheap as well.... :dummy::thumbs:

Thanks mate :thumbs: Hey we always need 2x Night Blue ragtops in the club! (or country!!) :lol:

I know what your saying - I already have my van on the drive and use that a few days a week to save the Zed a little but its not the most comfortable to be honest just too much money in the Zed to sit around during the week unfortunately. :blackeye:

Stew thanks mate - I just cant have a boring normal saloon - even though its an auto the 300c is pretty quick and it does go round corners surprisingly! :drive1

tough choices, congrats on the new arrival, me and my lucy want to head in that direction at some point, but we plan to use my wifes car as the family wagon, i use mine for work, and lucy when and if we had kids would be at home so would need the family car would have hers, and then come the weekend we both use hers as the family wagon. (i think that came out a bit garbled :blush: )

why have 2 family cars if your in yours for work, use the wifes for the weekend family activities.

our plans may change in the future but thats what i have mapped out for the future,

I know what your saying - I have thought about using the practical 4x4 at weekends and the zed only to work - but it will kill it - its the mileage thats the issue but unless I can change to a job nearer home I have to think of alternatives?

Jay it will be black - its the only colour I want one! B)

............ I dunno maybe I should hang on until the baby is born and see how I feel then?

Congrats to you both Stan.

Me and my partner Karen are also expecting our first baby in January. We have not made any decisions as yet about selling my Zed as she drives a Focus and we tend to use that on long journeys anyway due to MPG. What we have said is that we will see how it goes when my little baby girl is born. At the end of the day she will come first but if it isnt a problem im hoping to keep the Zed 'fingers crossed'. I don't think you are being selfish having a family car and sports car between you but I do see your point.

Whatever happens good luck to you :thumbs:

Stan so happy for you and Lucy, but obviously tinged with a bit of sadness about the Zed news. Been there & done that 3 times, at a time when I could never have afforded something like a Zed, so never had to make the tough decision. If you thought the Zed put a smile on your face, just wait until you become a dad, that's a whole new experience :yahoo:

geraghtyr200 - congratulations to you too - snap we have a January due date !- a proper 350Z-Uk baby ours! :lol::drive1

when I say selfish I am talking about myself driving it but it wont feel the same not having both of them with me for trips out?

But yes originally we thought the 4x4 would take the family strain and the Zed just for fun and my work... I also have my old Beetle and Lucy's Wolseley as our other toys (put on hold now) so its not like we dont have enough to play with!! :bangin:

Thanks Dawn, thanks CS :thumbs:

Stan so happy for you and Lucy, but obviously tinged with a bit of sadness about the Zed news. Been there & done that 3 times, at a time when I could never have afforded something like a Zed, so never had to make the tough decision. If you thought the Zed put a smile on your face, just wait until you become a dad, that's a whole new experience :yahoo:

Thanks mate - we are both looking forward to it - even the sleepless nights! :wacko:

Thanks Digsy :thumbs:

Congrats to both of you guys, i'm really pleased for you

I would take a look at the 4 seater z though even just to cancel it out.

Thanks Mike its still something to think about - saw a rare blue manual one for sale a few weeks ago - tempted!

I wil let Lucy respond in the morning - she is desperate to get her posting up so she can get a free club sticker for the Grand vitara!! :lol:

thanks everyone for your support - your our extended family ;):wave:

:clap::clap:

Congrats Stan, you'll both make great parents.

How will we get pastries on the Wales run if you sell up? Might have to allow other cars along to the meets. . . I'd definately consider the Infinities when they start selling properly. Bigger engine, more luxury and don't think it'd be much less sporty and quirky as the Zed. Just not quite got the looks :)

Woohooo! Great news on the baby front :dummy:

I was never interested in babies until our daughter was born last year. Now I find all babies/toddlers amazing little people.

We were in a similar dilemma. Wife loves her mini cooper as much as I love the zed and neither of us were budging.

Believe it or not the mini is now our family car :lol: . Been OK so far for the first year with this arrangement. Added bonus is mileage is less on the zed with us using the mini for family trips.