Life After Z ? ? ? (Whats Next) !!!

M350ZB

Right been thinking, as there has been quite a few member's on here of late, selling, debating to sell or sold, what have they moved on to. And i also notice that there a quite a few of X Zed owners still on the forum, whats great but what after the Z.

I know for some people they have had to down grade as such but what too, what have people bought after there Z, better or worse ?. If/When/Who Knows :lol: my Zed goes, i do have a few cars in mind, but nothingt tha can really match the looks, stlye and performance of the Z, but most importantly the people on this forum, gotta be the most missed thing !!!

So Life After the Z, what you all moved on to ..................................... ?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously I went Gallardo and miss that like you wouldn't believe, but the car I miss almost as much is the zed............the M3 is great, perfect for what I need at the moment but its just missing that 'x-factor'............it might be because I keep having to fill it with pushchairs and baby kit :yawn::lol:

Obviously I went Gallardo and miss that like you wouldn't believe, but the car I miss almost as much is the zed............the M3 is great, perfect for what I need at the moment but its just missing that 'x-factor'............it might be because I keep having to fill it with pushchairs and baby kit :yawn::lol:

The Gallardo, awesome car, and one of my dream cars, somehow i dont see me ever owning one though :bang::lol: :lol:

How would you compare the M3 to the Z Laim, and do you have the coupe or conv.. ?

The Gallardo, awesome car, and one of my dream cars, somehow i dont see me ever owning one though :bang::lol: :lol:

How would you compare the M3 to the Z Laim, and do you have the coupe or conv.. ?

Coupe mate.

The M3 is defo quicker in a straight line. Its fairly stealth and is miles more practical than the zed. I'm getting about 24mpg out of it which is what I got in the zed. The SMG is an awesome bit of kit. The zed is much more aesthetically pleasing imo. M3 interior is dated, but then so is the MY03 zed interior.

If you don't need the seats and boot, i'd stick with a zed.

I think overall they are very evenly matched, it just depends on what you need from the car.

Impressed with the MPG, thought it was worse than the Zed. I have allways been a fan of the e46 m3, and the conv. is B) imo. Heard different views on the SMG though, expensive to fix if goes wrong. Dont you miss a clutch though and a gear stick though?, think i would. What about servicing costs betweent the both ?, Is BMW that bad as reported ?

Conv M3?! :scare::bangin: Don't be a tart, get a real car! :lol:

I am keeping an eye out for the next car but I really can't see me getting rid of the Zed. If I were to buy another car now it would probably be a Fez 360 but a) it won't fit in the garage and B) the money is better put towards a new house...... So it's hard to say. For practicality I will be looking at a Seat Leon / Focus RS / Merc CLS for as and when I need boot space and rear seats. :)

Impressed with the MPG, thought it was worse than the Zed. I have allways been a fan of the e46 m3, and the conv. is B) imo. Heard different views on the SMG though, expensive to fix if goes wrong. Dont you miss a clutch though and a gear stick though?, think i would. What about servicing costs betweent the both ?, Is BMW that bad as reported ?

I'm actually surprised at how much I miss a manual gearbox.

Obviously Ive started my hunt around for the next car.

And the only thing that Im seriously looking at is a MKIV Supra.

More power than the Zed, but getting a 10-15 year old car will be a strange experience as the interior doesnt live up to the Zed or the RX8 I had before.

But the benefit it that its infinitely more moddably. I'll be buying almost standard and doing my usual "built not bought" and making it unique like only I can :thumbs:

I will ALWAYS miss my Zed though :byebye:

I recenty test drove a 997 C2S and a Cayman S. Of the two I shall probably go for the Cayman as apart from it costing significantly less, it's a much better handling car and just feels more modern throughout. I'm looking at something around 2-3 years old and with a higher spec as possible. I don't plan on doing anything until the New Year, so shall be around until at leat then.

It's tough question and something I often consider myself when browsing pistonheads and the like...

Putting your budget aside I would ask myself the following q's;

What do you want/need from your next car?

More comfort / practicality?

More performance?

More Kudos?

Or possibly something more raw, like an Exige?

Would this car be a 2nd car or your primary mode of transport?

Personally I would like a 996 GT3 but each to their own.

And I know this would be a money pit but ohhh the sound!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1010160.htm

What ever car it would be a manual for sure !!! IMO takes the fun out of driving !!!

+1

I still use the stick to shift up and down rather than the paddles as when you turn the wheel the paddles spin with the wheel which is very annoying. We only got the SMG cos the Mrs wanted an auto and it was the best compromise we could find.

The SMG is a very slick bit of kit though.

With regard to the servicing, it'll be going to an independant. it may be more expensive but that is evened out by the fact that the service schedule is not like the zed's e.g 12 months/9k it is based on the onboard computer and is determined by how you drive the car. Lots of short journeys and the miles to the next service comes down quicker. use it les frequently and for longer journeys like we do and the service will not be for ages. Its not uncommon to see M3's unserviced for 18 months + because of this. My car is showing the service is required in 11,000 miles but we have only done 3,000 in it since January so it'll be ages before we need to service it at that rate..................

+1

I still use the stick to shift up and down rather than the paddles as when you turn the wheel the paddles spin with the wheel which is very annoying. We only got the SMG cos the Mrs wanted an auto and it was the best compromise we could find.

The SMG is a very slick bit of kit though.

With regard to the servicing, it'll be going to an independant. it may be more expensive but that is evened out by the fact that the service schedule is not like the zed's e.g 12 months/9k it is based on the onboard computer and is determined by how you drive the car. Lots of short journeys and the miles to the next service comes down quicker. use it les frequently and for longer journeys like we do and the service will not be for ages. Its not uncommon to see M3's unserviced for 18 months + because of this. My car is showing the service is required in 11,000 miles but we have only done 3,000 in it since January so it'll be ages before we need to service it at that rate..................

Only the second time I tried the paddles I picked up a ticket for 59 in a 30 - whoops! :bangin:

BMW 635d - just as fast as the Zed (probably faster in the mid-range), more practical, a million times more classy inside but entirely devoid of the Zed's character and passion. I'm happy but still miss the Zed. :)

Hi Kev, welcome back :teeth: