BEST PRICE EVER FOR OEM TONNEAU !

Vik54

Thought I'd give you a giggle.........especially the Scots who know what Arnold Shark are like.........

I've been looking for an OEM Tonneau for a while - best price seems to be Holdcrofts on E-bay £91 inc P&P

So thought should try locally before I take the plunge

Phone call to Arnold Shark Dundee

Ring ring..........

AC: Hello AC how can I direct your call?

Me: Parts department please - I'm looking for a price for a tonneau cover for a 350z?

AC: I'll just put you through

Beep Beep

AC: Hello servicing **** speaking

Me: Hi I'm looking for a price for a tonneau cover for a 350z

AC: .................sorry a what?

Me: A tonneau cover......I'll spell it........TONNEAU......its the panel that goes under the strut brace to separate your boot from the cabin

AC: Ah you need parts department - I'll put you through

Beep Beep

AC: Parts *** speaking

Me: Hi I'm looking for a price for a tonneau cover for a 350z

AC: (silence) erm.....

Me: its the panel that goes under the strut brace to separate your boot from the cabin

AC: Ok can you hold please

6mins 32 secs later

AC: Hullo - aye its £330 + vat

Me: (silence) erm are you sure we're talking about the same part here? The average price seems to be around £100-£160?

AC: Aye well on the Nissan system here ton- neee cover £330 +vat

Me: (laughing) all right mate thanks anyway

Gotta lurve that Shark :lol::lol::lol:

No need to head to Zclub for them - you can get them from him on this very site - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=13443

Vik - I havent seen one myself, but am lead to beleive they are very good, better than OEM (which I can beleive having an OEM one!). I would suggest seeing an OEM and Pauls one. It fills the whole space and not just most of it like the Nissan one. Not sure if he still makes them though.

IMG00079.jpg

No need to head to Zclub for them - you can get them from him on this very site - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=13443

Vik - I havent seen one myself, but am lead to beleive they are very good, better than OEM (which I can beleive having an OEM one!). I would suggest seeing an OEM and Pauls one. It fills the whole space and not just most of it like the Nissan one. Not sure if he still makes them though.

IMG00079.jpg

Thanks Chris - I had seen that thread - I just prefer the OEM that's all mate

I also see that it seems to sit partially under the strut and not at the front edge like the OEM, so the useable boot space, and where you want to keep things out of sight, is reduced. The OEM can also be removed in less than 10 seconds - not sure about the version shown though :)

Can someone please enlighten me as to the function of a tonneau cover?

Does it go any way towards reducing road noise?

Cheers,

Chris

Supposed to a bit - maybe someone who already has one might comment?........

Can someone please enlighten me as to the function of a tonneau cover?

Does it go any way towards reducing road noise?

Cheers,

Chris

Supposed to a bit - maybe someone who already has one might comment?........

Its uses are 2 fold:

1. Blocks off the view of the boot from outside, so you can actually keep stuff in the boot without people being able to see it!

2. Reduces noise from the rear. This with one off the thicker boot matts/carpets can go a long way to blocking the road noise that resonates around the rear of the car.

Well worth the cost IMO :thumbs:

Oh and it should be noted that JDMs dont come with the so called horizontal tonneau cover. Its a bit of finish that is attached to the boot lid which comes forward to meet the strut bar. If you dont have this, but do have the vertical tonneau, you can still in the boot through the gap that is left.

Its uses are 2 fold:

1. Blocks off the view of the boot from outside, so you can actually keep stuff in the boot without people being able to see it!

2. Reduces noise from the rear. This with one off the thicker boot matts/carpets can go a long way to blocking the road noise that resonates around the rear of the car.

Well worth the cost IMO :thumbs:

But remember folks, buy a K1 and the use becomes only visual ;)

• 1 month later...