Hallo!

Welcome to the forum :) So where abouts are you based and what type of zed you after? :thumbs:

I'm based in the Midlands and have posted what I'm looking for in the "Wanted" subforum of the Trading Post. :) I'm fairly flexible geographically so as long as there is something within reason (ie not some island north of Scotland), I'd be interested.

Welcome to the forum :) So where abouts are you based and what type of zed you after? :thumbs:

I'm based in the Midlands and have posted what I'm looking for in the "Wanted" subforum of the Trading Post. :) I'm fairly flexible geographically so as long as there is something within reason (ie not some island north of Scotland), I'd be interested.

you coming along to the west midlands meet? ;)

there is no better place to buy a car than the north of scotland, what an amazing first drive :drive1

An import absolutely cripples me in terms of insurance. And yes, I have done my homework and checked every single avenue for insurance prices. The problem is that I am an ugly combination of every single insurance risk that exists all moulded into one and when that gets multiplied by the import factor, costs spiral into oblivion. Hence why I wanted a UK spec car.

An import absolutely cripples me in terms of insurance. And yes, I have done my homework and checked every single avenue for insurance prices. The problem is that I am an ugly combination of every single insurance risk that exists all moulded into one and when that gets multiplied by the import factor, costs spiral into oblivion. Hence why I wanted a UK spec car.

I wouldnt have thought it will make that much of a diffence if its UK or Import, it didnt with me 'mines an import'. If your ugly to insure then a group 20 'Z' is gonna cost you lots even if its UK. Theres an insurance company on here that gives discount to members, might be worth giving them a shout (Chris Knott) before you rule out imports as they have had a few good reports.

;)

I wouldnt have thought it will make that much of a diffence if its UK or Import, it didnt with me 'mines an import'. If your ugly to insure then a group 20 'Z' is gonna cost you lots even if its UK. Theres an insurance company on here that gives discount to members, might be worth giving them a shout (Chris Knott) before you rule out imports as they have had a few good reports.

;)

on my import, chris knott matched the lowest quote i could find on a UK car for me

I've called them and they said they couldn't help as I don't have previous performance car experience.

Bell is best value for me and an Import means +40% to an already high price. The interesting thing with my situation is that it is almost irrelevant what car I drive in terms of insurance costs as it would cost me about the same to insure a diesel golf or a volvo c30 as it would a 350z. The import thing makes quite a bit of difference and I really have shopped around.

I've called them and they said they couldn't help as I don't have previous performance car experience.

Bell is best value for me and an Import means +40% to an already high price. The interesting thing with my situation is that it is almost irrelevant what car I drive in terms of insurance costs as it would cost me about the same to insure a diesel golf or a volvo c30 as it would a 350z. The import thing makes quite a bit of difference and I really have shopped around.

Im surprised at that, sounds like you have done your homework though :blush:

:lol: Ummm If that was my short list of cars to get insured I would defo get the Z :thumbs:

Where abouts in the midlands are you ? :bye:

Im surprised at that, sounds like you have done your homework though :blush:

:lol: Ummm If that was my short list of cars to get insured I would defo get the Z :thumbs:

Where abouts in the midlands are you ? :bye:

Yeah. A combination of being "young", "foreign" (not resident since birth), "limited driving experience" (1 yr on UK license, nobody cares about 5 years on a standard European license), "accident last year" (fraudulent claim I have disputed with the insurance company for many months where my car has 'sustained' no damage, not even a scratch and the other car had >£1200 worth and yet in the end my insurers paid out instead of doing an inspection - very long story I'd rather not get into again), no no claims as a result of above reasons, living in a Nottingham postcode (in the UK top 20 postcodes for robberies according to report from last week) etc etc etc

I live in Nottingham btw