Inverness & Applecross (Pics)

Cara

Hello all, hardly been online lately (not that my lack of activity will have been missed!) having had a very busy month with weddings, family stuff, illness, and god knows what else.

Highlight though being a mini-break in Inverness and the surrounding area, including Applecross. We stayed in a family run hotel, gorgeous setting, and got speaking to the owners who mentioned that they have held several car enthusiast meets and really welcome these groups - might be an idea for the future.

Anyway for those who enjoy not only Z pics but scenery pics here's a few highlights.

More on http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b131/ ... Inverness/

hotel garden...

DSC04939.jpg

sitting out in the gardens enjoying a glass... or two...

DSC04942.jpg

DSC04951.jpg

DSC04978.jpg

DSC04977.jpg

DSC04985.jpg

DSC04986.jpg

DSC04993.jpg

DSC04998.jpg

DSC05017.jpg

DSC05001.jpg

Cheers guys, was an amazing hotel (half mile long private driveway, totally secluded, old fashioned country house hotel), and the surrounding roads in the area are just fantastic - even though I was sh!!!ing myself on the Applecross road!!!! :blush::lol:

Would be a great meet location. Although I understand that the Hoon is taking in Applecross :thumbs:

Brings back some great memories of the Hoon last year and really looking forward to this year's event - and the Applecross run is one of the highlights with some great roads that really do bring out the :D 's

The hotel looks great - is it near Applecross? Couldn't check out your pics as I don't have your password :wacko::lol:

Brings back some great memories of the Hoon last year and really looking forward to this year's event - and the Applecross run is one of the highlights with some great roads that really do bring out the :D 's

The hotel looks great - is it near Applecross? Couldn't check out your pics as I don't have your password :wacko::lol:

Oops, didn't realise the album was set to private :blush: , should be available now. Applecross was amazing, although to be honest I'm not really the best with heights at times, so a few scary moments! :scare: Awesome though. The hotel was about an hours drive, set in a wee village near Strathpeffer.

Great pics Cara - we cant wait to get up there :yahoo:

Hotel ?? thought that was your country residence ;) Very nice :teeth:

Oh yes, pretty much identical to my 'summer getaway' second home :thumbs::lol:

Looks absolutely awesome. I knew there had to be some good things in Scotland :lol:

Tread carefully old boy :p;)

Seconded! :lol:

Cheers folks, looks like I've got you all excited for the Hoon :lol:

Nic, yes, sure do drive up that 'wonky little road'! There are regular passing places to pull over to let others past. Can make for some very scary corner moments though - are you okay with heights....? :p

erm, do you lot drive up that little wonky road? What happens if something comes the other way? :scare:

There are passing spaces Nic and the great thing there is that you get good views ahead to see if you need to give way or the oncoming cars are giving way ;)

And yes, most move over when faced with the force of a convoy of ZEDS :lol:

Many are clearly impressed seeing so many awesome cars coming by, so be ready to :) as they take your pic.

erm, do you lot drive up that little wonky road? What happens if something comes the other way? :scare:

" little wonky road" .. how very dare you !!. That's classed as an "A" Road in the highlands !! . You should see the B Roads !! ;):teeth:

Half the Hoon is those little wonky roads!

If you come up behind something they generally make way for you.

P1010201.jpg

The countesy on the roads in the Highlands is brilliant. The only problem we had last year was with a foreign dud that was being an ass. Generally people stop in the passing places and let the groups through!