Sideways... Clipped a kerb

Nightmare.

I was leaving a roundabout today and heading up a sliproad onto the motorway, ground was damp and i think i hit the accelerator slightly too early...

The Zed starts to slip and i controlled it once but then it slipped the opposite way and it clipped the kerb quite hard on the nearside wheel.

Thank god no other vehicle was there is all i can say and that it wasn't any worse. This is my first ever accident in a good few years of driving and it was over so fast i can't believe it. I'm just happy i walked out ok.

The car seems to be running ok but as a tester i got it up to 80 (after i had bloody calmed down and composed myself) and i am sure i can feel the wheel slightly off alignment.

Am going to take it to a relative's garage on monday so he can have a look at it. What prices do you think we would be looking at for say a bent alloy?

One thing is for sure. i'm going to be taking it very very vey easy for the considerable future.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you had a lucky escape. :)

The zed can be quick to punish in slippy conditions so I am pleased you and the car are relatively unscathed. Definately worth a quick laser tracking to give you confidence.

What wheel do you have and is it scuffed or actually buckled.

:welcome:

+1 on what Martin said.

We have a few members on here who should be able to source you a wheel if needs be if the worst has happened. Need to know what to get though ;) Dont know how much it will cost, but far cheaper than the dealers, I know that much!

Hope its ok :)

Hi & :welcome: to the forum. Certainly not the type of introduction we want to see but glad you & your car are ok. What tyres are you running as most are so much better than the bridgestones in the wet? Definitely something to look at, & oh yes a lighter foot ;)

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Currently on 4 x bridgestones.. so definately something I will look at. I will post an update tomorrow on what is what once my mechanic friend has taken a good look. I can't see any buckling and the alloy itself doesnt have any scratch marks at all.

Certainly not the type of introduction we want to see but glad you & your car are ok. What tyres are you running as most are so much better than the bridgestones in the wet?

Definitely a + 1 on the Bridgestones.

The better the shoes your car is riding on, the more you can enjoy "confidently" driving the car and the less likely your traction control will be to intervene. ;)

:welcome: Lucky escape mate :thumbs:

Was just thinking that... I still get visions of your car in my rearview mirror when I come off roundabouts.... :(

To the OP, you should get the alignment sorted as you said, they can go out of alignment if hit....

Dont think any of the other tyres would have helped due to damp conditions and if there was anything else on the road, like fuel... but agree, change the bridgestones when you can, other tyres are better!

:welcome:

That was some introduction :p you should respect the zed because it bites when poked with reckless abandon :scare: but overall very forgive and collectable if you are on the ball or kniow what you are doing ;)

I have had a revelation since after putting on 19's with wider 245 and 275 tyres :thumbs: Michelin PS2s and the grip is out of this world :#1: I swear this is how the zed should come from factory! It will only get better once i sort out my suspension fully B)

:welcome: You must repect it!! If not it will bite you hard. 5 years owning the Z and I still respect it because I know how it does snap very fast. Has for tyre choice its a mine field to me! I am due new tyres and the more I read the more confused it becomes :wacko: I dont know if I should get Toyo, Falkens or Michelin :dry:

Has for tyre choice its a mine field to me! I am due new tyres and the more I read the more confused it becomes :wacko: I dont know if I should get Toyo, Falkens or Michelin :dry:

Do you want the absolute best, money no object? If so then get the PS2s. If budget is limited then get either the T1Rs or the 452s, they're so close in feel that it really doesn't matter which one you pick.

Sorted. 8)