20 YEAR OLD, 2 YEARS NO CLAIMS - ADRIAN FLUX!

SunZed

Hi,

just thought i'd let the younger drivers know....

Im 20 years old with only 2 years no claims. - I can get insured for £1400. This is my best quote. I thought it was quite good, after getting quoted a minimum of £3400!

Admiral seem to think they can beat it when i'm 21, but Adrian Flux have won!! :D

I have heard some pretty bad stories about them bro. Try bell.co.uk a few of us young drivers are with them and had no complaints so far......... i was 1200 with them at 21 now i am 22 its 850 :)

I'm with Bell as well. Make sure you declare ALL mods if you have any - even the slightest change and it'll be a reason not to pay out if the worst happens.

I've heard bad things about Flux as well, although I can't verify if it is true (could be rumours flying around and people caught word and its a downward spiral). If its for the sake of spending an extra £50-£100 to be with a company you can trust then do it.

There is also this thread to give you an idea what people are paying:

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=24315

Remember - age plays a big part, but so does the location (a rural cottage / small town in countryside often won't have big claims as thieves and vandals are few and far between, whereas a city centre has more scum in them). :p

I have had first hand experience with them,beware.

I am in the process of renewing mine at the moment,i was put through to some sort of insurance agency and Adrian Flux was one that came up that could insure me,refused to be put through to them.

Go for Bell.

I bought my zed at 20years old and insured with them and now at 21 with 2years ncb it's £1350 with all mods declared + covered for damage/theft, Driving other cars 3rd party, windscreen and a few other goodies.

Cracking service and happy to help with mods etc.

Worth noting...I have yet to claim, but haven't heard bad things. :)

• 2 months later...

Do Adrian Flux allow you to drive other cars under their extension 3rd party? Im 22 with 4 years no claims and will need to change from elephant come renewal as they dont do this for under 25's :(

Do any insurers in fact do this that would qoute me happy on a Zed ... bearing in mind im in Northern Ireland.

adrian fluz told me they cant insure me on a zed untill im 25, im 21 with 3 yrs no claims....

yet ive been with them for 2 years on my fiesta with a highly modified with a modified engine, for a very very good price. i dont get them....

adrian fluz told me they cant insure me on a zed untill im 25, im 21 with 3 yrs no claims....

yet ive been with them for 2 years on my fiesta with a highly modified with a modified engine, for a very very good price. i dont get them....

I had a 500bhp supra with them and they said the same :thumbdown:

Do Adrian Flux allow you to drive other cars under their extension 3rd party? Im 22 with 4 years no claims and will need to change from elephant come renewal as they dont do this for under 25's

To my knowledge HIC used to do this but most say no until 25 or just no full stop if you are in motor trade :rant: To be fair this is mainly because of people abusing it and using other cars on a regular basis

• 2 months later...

I've just gone with Bell, @ 22 with 1NCB and 5 points with CD10 (Careless driving - don't ask) it was £1250.

Didn't take into account my 5 years NCB on motorbikes though - the slags.

Mate at work rekons putting a biddy (Mum or Dad) as a named driver reduces the premium, but I found out after I paid and want to try and forget about the rape that is insurance.

• 4 weeks later...

Bell for the win!

Im 23 1years ncb and i paid just under 1100, from my experiance no other company will come near bells quotes for young drivers! Paying monthly does make it slightly more expensive though but still cheaper by miles, Companys like aviva wouldnt touch me untill im 25 on the zed! Oh and put a woman as a named driver, mum, sister or girlfriend makes it a good few hundred pound cheaper!

Bell for the win!

Im 23 1years ncb and i paid just under 1100, from my experiance no other company will come near bells quotes for young drivers! Paying monthly does make it slightly more expensive though but still cheaper by miles, Companys like aviva wouldnt touch me untill im 25 on the zed! Oh and put a woman as a named driver, mum, sister or girlfriend makes it a good few hundred pound cheaper!

This. If you are under 25 then bell are hard to beat. I was with them for 7 years because nobody could get close to them, Now that I'm 25 I went with Chris Knott :thumbs:

Just to go against the flow - I'm with Adrian Flux and have been on and off for the last 12 years. I've received nothing but good service from them and I've crashed a couple of times so I know they are good when you are taking their money as well as giving them it! :)

I am currently with Adrian Flux and they have been fine with me. Had a problem where they hadn't swapped my car from its pprivate plate when I bought it but they changed it straight away and within 5 minutes I had an email with my new insurance documents attached. Very good service from them in my opinion and a very good price.