The progress thread - Final update

Madmarky

Thx guys, been a long week on the car. Didnt take any photos today because ive just been finishing off getting rid off all standard paint from door shuts and scotching any parts that werent repainted originally. Most of the car is now ready for the next stage. Next week the bodyshop will be re-glassing up my damaged wing and fixing my light but this is all dependant on the front bumper turning up, which hopefully CS is chasing. Once this is done the car will be primered and flatted. I hope this will all be done next week or at latest early the week after. I will keep popping up to the bodyshop and taking pictures of the progress. Would like to get it back for my birthday as i think it will be a awesome pressie :teeth::bounce:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Bodyshop are having some probs with getting the skirts and rear bumper sorted so they are 100% perfect so the car has been slightly delayed. Hopefuly not much longer, have been going down there everyday, i just cant stay away lol. Looking forward to seeing you all soon.

• 2 weeks later...
:snack::worthless:

Come on Mark we want more pictures :)

Neva! the next time there will be pics will be when its finished at a show somewhere.

As a bit of an update the car heres whats been done:

had a new front screen and ive had the glass tinted while it was out the car

Doors are now back on the car and the LSD hinges sorted out as they had worked loose.

Wings have been fully painted and put back on the car

This is the list of To-dos

Front bumper needs the prep work finished and painted (should be done this week)

Rear bumper needs the same (should also be this week)

Sideskirts have been totally re-glassed up as they were a bit thin and a bad fit. These need test fitting and painted. (begining of next week)

Need some rubber trims for the door frame covers (waiting for R35LEE to source these)

Wheels are being refurbed (should pick them up Friday or next week earliest)

Interior needs all cleaning up and re-fitting in the car (doing this thursday)

so at least by the end of this week the car will be back together and looking like a car and just a few bolt on bits left to go on. It looks totally amazing at the moment, the paint is so smooth and the quality of workmanship is first class. Wont be long now :bounce: