Beavis's 370z Test *Updated*

Beavis

Well went for my first test drive in the new 370z today thanks to Holdcrofts. Spent about 20 minutes driving it. Firstly now that i have seen it in the flesh i am still not sold on how the car looks, when i first saw the 350z i thought wow, but this car does not have the same effect on me. This particular car was white and i was less than impressed with the paint match between body and front bumper :surrender: Its been said that this will be resolved for customer cars.

The first couple of miles i drove it i was surprised at how docile it was and that the engine did not feel that much different than my own car. That was soon to change however when she was fully warm and i planted my right foot :teeth: To me there felt quite a bit more power and urgency than my own car, i also noticed that there seems a lot more torgue too and the engine seemed to pull well from low revs in any gear something the rev-up engine does not do. The only problem with the engine is its just too quiet :blush: The interior i loved and is a big improvement and my own zed felt very dated when i got back in it. The steering felt a bit vague at times (much prefer how mine feels, lot more feedback) and the pedals felt heavier too but overall it felt totally natural going from a 350 to a 370 not much difference at all. The best bit of the car by far imo is the synchro rev match transmission B) In a word superb each gear change was a smooth a silk. :) The seats also deserve a mention in the fact that that they are a lot more supportive than the 350's, though Ryan did say he did not like them :wacko: Also bluetooth and the ability to play mp3's now come as standard. :)

Was great to get back in my car after though if purely for the noise. The only other thing i noticed driving the 370z was the fact nobodys head was turned by the car something my 350 still does today despite been 4 years old. ;)

And before anyone says anything yes i am ugly but do i give a ****? No :thumbs:

DSC_0160.jpg

DSC_0143.jpg

DSC_0150-1.jpg

DSC_0195-1.jpg

DSC_0192.jpg

DSC_0194.jpg

DSC_0197-1.jpg

DSC_0198.jpg

DSC_0210.jpg

DSC_0220.jpg

Updated :)

Would i trade this in for

DSC_0232.jpg

This? I am not sure :blush: Yes the engine is better the gearbox is superb and the interior much better but i still am not sold. Will have to see a yellow one first :lol:

DSC_0227.jpg

I've made my mind up, i'll only have one with the Zele kit on and a decent stainless exhaust, preferably in the Zele orange. :thumbs:

Some more pics added. :)

+1 Looks superb then B)

But this was way too quiet :thumbdown:

It just shows how low we've set the bar with our 350 interiors - I recently test drove a TTS (and no I'm not going to buy! :p ) and the interior is streets ahead of the 370 on clarity and quality. Same with the new Z4. I know its a fair bit cheaper but Nissan still seems to be playing catch up here.

It just shows how low we've set the bar with our 350 interiors - I recently test drove a TTS (and no I'm not going to buy! :p ) and the interior is streets ahead of the 370 on clarity and quality. Same with the new Z4. I know its a fair bit cheaper but Nissan still seems to be playing catch up here.

+1 I though i was stepping back into a 1970's car when i got back in the zed :surrender: Audi do set the standard imho :)

+1 I though i was stepping back into a 1970's car when i got back in the zed :surrender: Audi do set the standard imho :)

Fine for those who want a nice interior but I bought the ZED for the driving experience - something the Audi lacks big-time as the 4 wheel drive takes most of that pleasure away - the only time its worthwhile is when it snows :lol:

got to say Dave that the yellow one looks better! I hate the lights, I think they have tried to be different with them but they look a bit chavvy, I don't like the rear end either. I would still like to see one in the flesh and drive one tho before deciding but yours is the zed I would look twice at as it goes by! :thumbs:

got to say Dave that the yellow one looks better! I hate the lights, I think they have tried to be different with them but they look a bit chavvy, I don't like the rear end either. I would still like to see one in the flesh and drive one tho before deciding but yours is the zed I would look twice at as it goes by! :thumbs:

To be honest Nixy my zed did attract more attention than the 370 at Holdcrofts especially from the sales staff that had never seen a yellow zed before :lol:

But i did notice that no one gave the 370z a second glance. Everyone up to yet had said the 370 looks a lot better in the flesh but i am not convinced it does. :blush:

very nice review

I do not thing after a 350Z are a lot of people that will go for a 370Z. Not because is not a good car, but because is almost the same car ... better , more refined, but about the same.

I think that for me after the Z, I might see a G37... I am going to ge married next year...

Have you driven also a g37?

I always told myself this would be my last fun car and it has lived up to and exceeded my expectations. I am lucky to use it everyday and even now after all this time it still a great feeling firing it up in the morning.

Great review Beavis btw but the 370 just isnt enough to change my 350 for. looks wise still think it resembles a fish with a spicy sausage up its ar@@ !! :lol:

Fine for those who want a nice interior but I bought the ZED for the driving experience - something the Audi lacks big-time as the 4 wheel drive takes most of that pleasure away - the only time its worthwhile is when it snows :lol:

They don't have to be mutually exclusive though. ;)

They don't have to be mutually exclusive though. ;)

No but to have both you have to pay more money. To get to this price point, something has to give, build quality or performance. Nissan are doing a good job of getting the best of both worlds, but they wont ever get there at this price point. If you want both, get a Cayman ;)

No but to have both you have to pay more money. To get to this price point, something has to give, build quality or performance. Nissan are doing a good job of getting the best of both worlds, but they wont ever get there at this price point. If you want both, get a Cayman ;)

That is my #2 choice when I change next