all new jag xj

LRF4N

jaguars biggest model was outdated by yrs as we all know and i for one was lookin fwd to the all new model after seeing the gorgeous xf. the waits over but i think its a really wierd lookin car... would much rather the lexus LS, 7 series, S class or audi a8.

the fronts nice but back is hideous lol. hope its nicer on the road but i doubt it lol

http://www.jaguar.com/gb/en/#/new_xj/

My god i can finally breath out and talk to people about this bl***y thing now lol.

inside is really nice :thumbs: i never had that much of a problem with the back tbh never noticed it being too bad, probably immune to it as ive sat staring at it for so long though :lol:

it is massive though :thumbs::teeth: and OMG the engine is :sweat::drive1:yahoo:

Wow thats ugly. The interior is nice though.

Give me an XJ6 anyday :cloud9:

new XKR 5.0 supercharged :cloud9::cloud9: its very impressive and quite cheap in comparison to astons etc

just looked at the pics. dunno, the back looks kind of funny in them, hmm.

I prefer the old jags - My grandfather & uncle have both had a load of jags over the last 30 odd years. My uncle is restoring a mk2(I think) at the moment B)

i loved the old xk's, but don't feel i'm old enough yet to have a jag, don't think i could pull it off yet. :blush:

My dad had an XJ8 for 5 years. It's by far the longest he's ever had a car and still regrets selling it in 2005!

I'd have an XK but I'd look like I was driving my old mans car!

I think the XF is a stunning car aswell as the new XK and the brand image is changing. I'm not sure if the new XJ will alienate the old faithfuls that kept the company going for years.

People like my Dad that would go in and order and pay for a new XJ with a great spec every 2 - 3 years..... Ok, he kept his last one 5 years but he was going to order new ones a couple of times.

Ok, this may not be where the brand wants to go but can Jag stay ahead of the game long enough to keep people buying new ones for many years to come?

Chesterfield is 30 and a successful chap but can the brand stay fresh enough to keep him buying new Jags without being swayed by new offerings from every other luxury car brand going?

Brave styling there from Jag. Not as "safe" as the XF which looked OK in the initial pics but great in the flesh. I have to say the pics don't do it for me but in the flesh it may have the presence to pull it off. Interior looks nice though.

As an aside, when you're selling high end, full size luxo-barges isn't your target market older blokes? I don't see many young dynamic types driving 7-series or S-class.

Brave styling there from Jag. Not as "safe" as the XF which looked OK in the initial pics but great in the flesh. I have to say the pics don't do it for me but in the flesh it may have the presence to pull it off. Interior looks nice though.

As an aside, when you're selling high end, full size luxo-barges isn't your target market older blokes? I don't see many young dynamic types driving 7-series or S-class.

good point :lol: hey im not marketing *shrug* i just prod at wires aimlessly :tumbleweed:

good point :lol: hey im not marketing *shrug* i just prod at wires aimlessly :tumbleweed:

:lol:

Oh no no no no .....what have they done.... thats fugly! :yuck::surrender:

Its like they have taken bits off other cars and stuck them on - there is a bit of Audi A6 - Volvo even touch of Citroen in there - and the inside with that centre console leaves a lot to be desired ... oh well hope they can keep going during these touch times but they will have to keep ahead of the game!

The new XJ is utterly brilliant, and anyone who thinks otherwise is simply wrong :p

Honestly, the arse end is to die for (despite being a ContiGT rip-off) and that interior is so modern yet so tasteful, and looks like a wonderful place to be. The lines are smart, the front gives Jag a proper brand now, and who would pick a 7-series, S-class or A8 over that?