all new jag xj

LRF4N

Front half is all good - the back just reminds me of a Citroen C6 or the 5 series GT - but like the XF, im hoping its going to grow on me when I see it in the metal. Jag knows how to do a proper luxury interior too.

before these pics came out i saw an artists impression of wot it could look like and it was gorgeous, i really do hope the real thing proves me wrong lol. my dad used to have a couple of xj6s and u gotta love the comfort and luxury jags are known for. the xf was a breath of fresh air (much needed imo) and is perfect inside and out, like said earlier its taken the crown from the 5series and e-class.

was really lookin fwd to seein their modern version of the flagship xj but not a fan...yet. i think it would go down well in america where they love their funky lookin limos and are fond of the "jagoo-aar" badge.

gives me an excuse to drive by the jag showroom lol

I thought the rear of the xj looked a bit "American". It is certainly in line with the cadilac / oldsmobile styles that seem to do well over there. The seats in the xf and presumably the xj too, are clearly designed with the average steak eaters posteria in mind, I don't mind admitting I find them quite comfy :lol:

agree with u stew and husky, after seein better pics its startin to grow on me already, even the back lol. i used to think the coupe like profile wouldnt suit it but it actually does

• 4 weeks later...

Passed one of these on the A12 yesterday on my way back from Thetford, and I have to say that Jaguar have absolutely nailed it in the flesh. Very imposing but not overly so, and the rear does work very well when you see it on the move. It may not stay a classic design, but for now it definitely livens up the road. :thumbs: