Number Plate

Dblock

I have a Japanese 350z, It as square plates at the front and at the back. I have a number plater with 5 letters, Could i get a number plate that would show the 5 letters in a row and not 2 on top on 3 on the bottom.

But could I get this done legally? I don't want any trouble off the 5-0.

Thanks

Ians16 nice car B) . Thing is my mate got pulled with his one and his was 1 letter spacing was slighty out on purpose of course. I just dont want trouble off the 5-0. I'l go round some garages tomorrow and see if they can hook me up.

Ian how big is your front number plate. Im thinking of taking of that plastic holder and getting a small plate. but i dont know what size to get or weather it would be a magnet for the fuzz

Not very big at all.. its prob about 30cm x 8cm??

Havent been pulled yet but I have a feeling it wont be too long.

IMG_1615.jpg

Nurrish just got a vinyl numberplate and it looks 100x better than the stock plates and I really doubt he'll have any problems :thumbs:

Isnt Nixy's on one line?

I have 6 figures on one line in the middle and it was done officially so is legit - however, two of those are number ones which saves a lot of space. 5 should be absolutely fine! :thumbs:

Isnt Nixy's on one line?

I have 6 figures on one line in the middle and it was done officially so is legit - however, two of those are number ones which saves a lot of space. 5 should be absolutely fine! :thumbs:

cheers mate B)

Isnt Nixy's on one line?

any pics ?, intrested to find more out as mine as 5 and would love it all on one line :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
Ian how big is your front number plate. Im thinking of taking of that plastic holder and getting a small plate. but i dont know what size to get or weather it would be a magnet for the fuzz

Not very big at all.. its prob about 30cm x 8cm??

Havent been pulled yet but I have a feeling it wont be too long.

IMG_1615.jpg

Nurrish just got a vinyl numberplate and it looks 100x better than the stock plates and I really doubt he'll have any problems :thumbs:

hi there , love the bonnet looks well good , do you know anywhere i could get one or similar , cheers mate

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

That definitely isn't legal. As far as I know, there is 1 size and 1 font... Anything else is technically illegal.

You'd hope that all other crimes in the country had been solved before the cops turned to this, but if you get pulled and they want to be dicks, it's 3 points and a fine...

For Info - JDM Rear plate is 13" x 7"

I had mine made up like this and have had no trouble from Mr Plod

RearPlate.jpg

You'll have to go to Show Plate makers to get it done (just Google "Show Plates") as your local motor factor won't do it - but get it done online and they'll do pretty well anthing

As it happens the letter sizes in this are exactly the same height as on a UK front number plate so the letter sizes are 'legal' it's just the spacing which isn't

I actually carry a set of completely legal plates in the boot, in case I get stopped, but I've never been stopped (and I know for cetain I've been clocked by 2 NPR cameras)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just going to cut my existing plate down to fit in the new JDM rear bumper.

I can do this because it's only a 5 letter plate which is to the correct size letters spaces etc. It doesn't say anything on the Gov site about plate size just letters, font, style and spaces.

If the plate itself had to be a specific size I.e. 20.5 x 4.5 then any car where the number plate was irregularly shaped or larger like the Rover 75 and some jags would also be illegal?

• 1 month later...

If the plate itself had to be a specific size I.e. 20.5 x 4.5 then any car where the number plate was irregularly shaped or larger like the Rover 75 and some jags would also be illegal?

Valid point!

Sorry to hijack this thread but just quickly...how is the rear number plate attached to the zed?? Is it bolted internally or stuck on? Need to change my plates but scratching my head over the rear :scare:

Valid point!

Sorry to hijack this thread but just quickly...how is the rear number plate attached to the zed?? Is it bolted internally or stuck on? Need to change my plates but scratching my head over the rear :scare:

Heat it with a hair drier and pull it gently but firmly from the edge and work across :thumbs: It will be double sided tape. The left over stuff should be able to be rolled off by hand with hair drier