Dodgy APS Twin Turbo Roadster for sale.......

nurrish

Well it IS a bit dodgy as its kicking out blue smoke and he doesn't know what is causing it :p

Never heard of a Nemisis Hydra ECU before though..

Oh and nurrish, stop looking at TT kits as you know one day you'll buy one if you arent carefull ;)

very intrested in this just worried bout that blue smoke, piston rings, turbo oil seals (but said they are new) What changing a clutch could cause this ?????

Cheers coops

probably nothing.......

3diddyz allegedly told me the car had 'a history', a couple of months ago before it was sold last time

very intrested in this just worried bout that blue smoke, piston rings, turbo oil seals (but said they are new) What changing a clutch could cause this ?????

Cheers coops

Do you really know what you may be letting yourself in for. :scare:

More than likely det will have occurred causing potential piston damage.

Poor control over ignition and fuel combined with oem internals is always a recipe for disaster with fi applications:surrender:

Do not be fooled by the seller's sob tale as I am sure that he knows exactly what the issues are.

The connection between clutch and failure is the CPS. ;)

Alex

I was only going to have the engine complete with kit from hm then start ripping it apart and building it back up. Why do you think it has only done this now ? he says if runs smooth and still pulls hard, if major det had occured surely this would not be the case? unless he is talking arse but i would obviously hear it running before i did any deal!

Any help is great :)

coops

( i have a pretty good tech mind so would be doing all engine work myself exept machining of course)

I did not say major det :)

It will not take much det to damage a piston on the VQ35 and in most cases lack of power will not be evident in the early stages.

Trust me I have been there ;)

Would you like some pictures? :lol:

Also a Cylinder Leakage Tester 2 Gauge would identify any potential internal issues re. bypass.

But I would suspect that this has already been done and that the seller knows exactly what is wrong with his power unit. ;)

I was only going to have the engine complete with kit from hm then start ripping it apart and building it back up. Why do you think it has only done this now ? he says if runs smooth and still pulls hard, if major det had occured surely this would not be the case? unless he is talking arse but i would obviously hear it running before i did any deal!

Any help is great :)

coops

( i have a pretty good tech mind so would be doing all engine work myself exept machining of course)

its got 200psi on 5 cyclinders 180 on the 6th, turbos have just been rebuilt as this was thought to be the original fault thoughts now are that the engine is pressurising the oil system pushing the oil out of the turbo seals as there is oil in the intercooler and pipework?

what are your thoughts?