Powdercoated Rays + Spacers **NOW WITH PICS**

ab350z

Keep coming back to these pics, wondering now what colour would look good on an Azure - decisions decisions

Martin, a nice Gold colour always looks good with Azure. ;)

:thumbs: yeah did think that, or was looking at black chrome, will keep thinking - wish I had been on here when you sold your LMGT4 weekend wheels lol LOVE THOSE WHEELS

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep coming back to these pics, wondering now what colour would look good on an Azure - decisions decisions

Martin, a nice Gold colour always looks good with Azure. ;)

:thumbs: yeah did think that, or was looking at black chrome, will keep thinking - wish I had been on here when you sold your LMGT4 weekend wheels lol LOVE THOSE WHEELS

I have another set of LMGT4's that you might be able to wrestle away from me. ;):lol::thumbs:

Also got a set of GT4 18" LM1's in black chrome. ;):yahoo:

Wheels look flipping awesome Chris.

Well pleased with the result and the service received from the guys at Motorwerks. Also had a promising chat about some remapping folks they've got coming onboard in the near future.

Wheels look ace to be fair B)

When are you gonna get the scrape on the corner of your lip spoiler sorted :p

:rant: Did that on a kerb in a car park in Edinburgh, well spotted!! Reckon I'll try and replace it with a Nismo bumper as the fit isnt perfect on the lip.

Obviously the spokes are powdercoated, is it just the very thin lip that has been polished with the rest of the 'dish' being the factory silver?

Can't really tell from the pics. You got any close up ones of the dish/edge?

Spokes are powdercoated anthracite, the entire inside of the wheel is also powder coated and the part of the dish that contains the RAYS ENGINEERING FORGED writing is also powder coated. The rest from there to the lip has been refurbed and looks like a diamond cut finish on it and polished up. Will get some close ups this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking of getting my wheels redone in a dark anthracite or similar (fancied black, but I think it can look a tad cheap occasionally...)

I was acutally thinking of getting them painted rather than powder coating, but anyway, do you mind me asking how much they charged..? I wouldn't be going for the polished lip.

Ps. - My excuse will be I need a new front tyre, so technically I would be saving on getting that fitted..!

Obviously the spokes are powdercoated, is it just the very thin lip that has been polished with the rest of the 'dish' being the factory silver?

Can't really tell from the pics. You got any close up ones of the dish/edge?

Spokes are powdercoated anthracite, the entire inside of the wheel is also powder coated and the part of the dish that contains the RAYS ENGINEERING FORGED writing is also powder coated. The rest from there to the lip has been refurbed and looks like a diamond cut finish on it and polished up. Will get some close ups this weekend.

I took my car for a price today for a full wheel refurb and was quoted 200 quid all in :thumbs: Then i asked about doing the same thing as yours and was quoted 300 quid all in, but he said he might have problems cutting in close to the spokes! How did yours fair? looks like a perfect job to me :thumbs: The quotes were for painted not powder coated by the way. What did you pay altogether if you don't mind me asking?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...