"I'm back in the saddle again..." to coin a phrase

Hello all,

I've put a deposit down today on a 350Z Roadster, silver/black, 08 plate with 5k on the clock. Will have it delivered probably two weeks today as I need the money to clear first and am on hols next week. Plus messing around with my reg plate :bang:

Over the last few years I've participated on Maserati & BMW forums and so the first I did after securing a deal I hunted down a 350Z forum. Met some great people on the other forums and have some good banter so fingers crossed this place is no different.

I bought a new 350Z coupe in 2005 and loved it (as did my wife). Had to sell it when we were expecting our daughter (same old story) but now I'm giving the wife my 330d I can get away with a less practical car once more as it'll only be used for work purposes :D

Anyway, I think I got an absolute belting deal (hence not waiting for my idea colour), so couldn't say no really. Here's a couple of piccies to keep you going. Not planning on any modifications, especially to the exterior, but might consider some performance tweaks eventually (like to be stealthy).

Are there many others members in the Stockport/South Manchester/Cheshire area???

Bloody hell, you lot respond quickly on here :thumbs:

Not sure why but I wasn't massively excited about my new purchase earlier but I keep checking out the photos (supplied by the dealer) and I'm now starting to count down the days.

Really missed not having an open-top since the S2000 so here's hoping for a long hot summer (to quote Girls Aloud :lol: )

If your into it check out the meets map and see whats going on in the local area. You just missed the big Wales meet which leaves from Chester (60 Zeds) so meets are big on here!

:welcome:

I give it about a month before you start modding. If we had a quid for every member who said they wont mod (probably myself included!) we'd not have to worry about running costs of the forum! :lol:

:How come you never found us when you had the previous zed?

Didn't really realise forums were so widespread in 2005 plus I didn't realise I needed them in my life!!! My coupe was pretty trouble free and the local dealer was helpful and not that expensive (plus under warranty) so was happy with their assistance. The Maserati turned me onto forums; I needed independent HELP!!!

:welcome: Mazza didn't survive long then, running costs?

Yup, running costs. Bought it with my heart and not my head. 8-12mpg, silly insurance (didn't check until it was on my drive!!), and servicing costs brought me down with a bump. I'll always remember the noise it made but it really wasn't that good a car once the 'I'm driving a Maserati' excitement faded. Got rid as soon as I could and luckily found a buyer pretty quickly and settled on a reasonable price.