Are my discs on the wrong side!!!

Adriank

After xStric9x pointed this picture out to me...

diskswrong.jpg

I think he is right the discs are on the wrong side! I.E. the slats are the wrong way.

What would be the side effects of this, and should i be able to swap them withoput bleeding the brakes etc.. again?

Cheers

Adrian

Ask Dixon. A Stew posted, he found that on the Dixcel site they do have them that way around. Also I know from other manufacturers you can put some on either way round, yours being the more aggressive and noiser option. Dixon will clear it all up, PM him :thumbs:

You can put them either way, it just depends on what you want the rotors to do. Having them facing forward as per the first pic is the more common way, as the vanes will dig into the pad more and allow greater braking at the expense of pad wear. Having them the other way basically does the opposite, but with the benefit also of de-glazing the pads. I'd always fit mine as per the first pic, and indeed that's what AP recommend in their Big Book Of Brakes (or their tech catalogue as it's more commonly known).

You can put them either way, it just depends on what you want the rotors to do. Having them facing forward as per the first pic is the more common way, as the vanes will dig into the pad more and allow greater braking at the expense of pad wear. Having them the other way basically does the opposite, but with the benefit also of de-glazing the pads. I'd always fit mine as per the first pic, and indeed that's what AP recommend in their Big Book Of Brakes (or their tech catalogue as it's more commonly known).

Thats what I've always been lead to beleive. Also that the first way gives slightly noisier braking :)

sorry to hijack you thread but my discs are DBA and they where fitted as per the labels on them but this ment that on the back discs the grooves faced forward (aggressive ) and on the front they faced back (less pad wear and noise) can anyone clarify if this is correct and not that some dummy put the stickes on the wrong way at the factory :lol:

Paul

sorry to hijack you thread but my discs are DBA and they where fitted as per the labels on them but this ment that on the back discs the grooves faced forward (aggressive ) and on the front they faced back (less pad wear and noise) can anyone clarify if this is correct and not that some dummy put the stickes on the wrong way at the factory :lol:

Paul

Paul,

I have always fitted front and rear DBA, PF, AP and others with groove facing forward as per Adrian's picture. :thumbs:

Alex.

I've only ever seen them facing one way on both front and rear discs, although I guess there's nothing to stop you having it your way. Seeing as how the fronts carry the vast majority of the braking force they would be the ones I'd have set up aggressively if anything, but DBA might well have put them your way round simply to avoid any excess pad/rotor wear.

my stoptech brake groves face forwards like yours. the way to tell is to stick a pen or somthing in the air viens in the center of the disc. The pen should face to the back of the car which shows the cooling fins inside the disc are spinning the correct way!

Adrian, as stated in the other post, this is the aggressive setup. Mine match this.

http://www.dixcel.co.jp/en/chishiki_5.html#lit_16

Please see the note on Dixcels site: Please apply aggressive rotation for 6slots version and conservative rotation for 12 slots version.

Please also be careful not to fit them in wrong ways.

:thumbs:

Just an update on this issue brought about by when I was fitting a big brake kit today as it jogged my memory:

As has been previously stated some manufacturers allow you to fit the rotor either way depending on how aggressive you want the brakes to be. ie direction of the slots.

If you use this as a rule of thumb then please be careful as a more important issue is the rotation of the vanes within the rotor.

Rather than trying to explain I though the image below will clerify this issue once and for all.

350ZBRAKEROTORDIRECTION.jpg