Hot off the lathe!

kta

Well after making a small error and buying a slightly too hard grade of stainless steel for using on a lathe :wacko: and after wearing out a fair number of tools and breaking two tap and die sets (apologies to my dad! :blush: ) the stainless steel gearknob was finally finished! A short blast under the Laser and here it is..

ss350.jpg

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent. Any chances you will start selling these? My carbon Nismo ones is showing sign of wear with the chrome coating rubbing off the top, so could quite do with a new replacement and dont fancy paying todays prices for a Nismo, they seem double what I paid :scare:

Excellent. Any chances you will start selling these?

+1 :)

Yes i can, i have an order for one, i'll try to replicate this style in aluminium next and see how good a polish i can get on that, this stainless steel takes much longer to work with so would cost a fair bit. I'll have it with me at Wales on Sunday if you want a closer look :teeth:

Either steel or Alu would be cool with me :thumbs:

Could you do a more cloudy one rather than polished? Like this

sm_AluTi_179.jpg

yes that's a similar finish to my first model which was in aluminium, sort of a satinised sheen.

Very impressive :teeth: can you do one with the gear shift patten on the top with the 350z down the side in the cloudy aluminium finish like the niso shape ones pm me with a price cheers :thumbs:

Very impressive :teeth: can you do one with the gear shift patten on the top with the 350z down the side in the cloudy aluminium finish like the niso shape ones pm me with a price cheers :thumbs:

Spooky , I just sent William a PM about 2 mins ago with that exact spec' ! ;)

I'm still slightly unsure about threadsizes UK to JDM hopefully i can get the chance to check that at the weekend, if anyone coming to the Wales drive has an oem gearknob off a UK model that they have taken off and have lying around and would like to bring it along i'd be glad off the chance to check it. I can't see why they should be different but maybe my car is unique! :teeth:

Spooky , I just sent William a PM about 2 mins ago with that exact spec' ! ;)

yep working on the gear selector pattern logo, will let you know.