New to the Nissan fold (ex Honda!)

Hi everyone, my name is Steve, and i am due to pick up my first 350z this weekend :) It's a gunmetal grey 53 plate with a Nismo exhaust and JWT popcharger, plus excellent all round appearance, i couldnt have found a better example for my budget which was £10,500.

I have been a Honda man through and through for the last 5 years, but i have been tempted to the darkside by an awesome car :) I did look at S2000's, and i probably would have got one if the insurance on them was not so terrible. I previously had a 1999 Civic Coupe VTi, and a 1999 Prelude VTi, which were both highly modified engine wise, and were very capable 4 cylinder VTEC motors, but the tone of the 350z V6 is enough to make me never want a 4 cylinder again!

Anyhoo, as soon as i have collected the car, and i have had time to sort things out, i will get some photos up. I'm not sure if he was a member on this forum already though.

In the not so distant future, i plan on installing the Nismo V1 kit (except the front bumper), and i was wondering where the best place to purchase this kit from would be? I'm not nessercarily looking for the cheapest place, but a reliable and trusty trader. Do Nissan still sell the kit, or would i be paying over the odds from them? I'm not in the habit of buying replica parts, so am only after a genuine Nismo kit in GRP.

Thanks, Steve.

Hi and welcome :bye:

Great choice of car B) Look forward to seeing the photos.

We have Shine Auto Nismo Replica kits in stock and most people will tell you they are excellent quality at a

fraction of the cost. PM me if you want a quote and I will send you some prices. :thumbs:

Sarah :)

:welcome:

As others have mentioned, the UK Nismo kit is actually fibreglass. The States have a plastic kit so you would need to import from there if you want genuine. Adam@Z1auto is your man there. However, do not write off the Shine Auto replica. It is very good quality and fit and price is a fraction of the cost - not you usual shoddy replica. Many have fitted them and are more than happy with them :thumbs:

Thanks for all the advice and welcomes :) I will most certainly have a look into the Shine Auto replica kit, sounds like it is pretty decent quality from what you are saying. I didnt realise only the US version was plastic. I have had bad experiences in my younger days of fibreglass parts, and they werent good! lol I'm an auto & aerospace sprayer by trade, so should be able to install and paint the kit myself, which will save on costs abit :)

Hi and welcome!

My front nose is a Snine Auto replica of the Powerhouse-Amuse, and I can say the quality is excellent!

Where bout you from?

Check out the regional meets section and see whats going on around you. Im sure someone at a meet with have some form of Shine Auto kit fitted!

Al

I'm based in Bournemouth/Christchurch in Dorset. If there is any local Z's around, might be worth a meet sometime :)

Im finding myself spending hours online looking at parts to buy already, and i havent even picked it up yet! I can see me spending way too much on cars as usual lol.