To all those with Nismo exhaust in UK

matth76

Hi

I'm seriously considering the Nismo cat back exhaust for my 2005 350z. However it comes down to price. I've heard figures of £600 bounced around which may or may not have been from a group buy. How much is the Nismo exhaust in the UK ... how much did you all pay for yours if you have one? If I went to my local Nissan dealer how much would it be - very expensive I assume? If not from them where else sells them to customers in the UK?

Thanks for any help and info.

they have gone up recently. Group buy was the £700 mark. Second hand ones go for around £400. ZMANALEX is probably a good bet to try if he can get one at a cheaper than dealer price or Adam at Z1auto. Not sure if Chilli do them. There are alternatives though some cheaper and louder. Nismo is very good quality though.

Prepare to be shocked - the last time I got a quote it was around £1350. This is due to the Yen to GBP rate collapsing due to the crunch.

The last time I checked (because I am also hankering for one), it was cheaper to import one from the US via freight (around £1000 incl delivery) - but you have to pay duty on it when it arrives (so all swings and roundabouts I guess).

:dry:

Thanks Anubis. If that's the price I may give it a miss! I am ideally looking to pay no more than £7-800. Nismo, in my opinion sounds what I'm looking for - quite an exotic higher pitch noise - similar to stock just amplified, perfect. Closest one I have found noise wise is a Bassani (US) exhaust which sounds amazing too (slightly louder than a nismo) but not sure I like the look of the "slash" cut tail pipes - I want similar to stock "rolled" tail pipes. Plus Nismo is an official Nissan factory sports exhaust which is good - not sure if this is better for my insurance compared to an "after-market" exhaust, as a Nismo exhaust is an official option from the factory if I'm not mistaken so not actually classed as a "non-standard" or "after-market" exhaust - but I'm not sure on this.

i was going to buy this one but £650 for a second hand exhaust :scare:

agreed, i looked at it too, but thought they were taking the mick at that price. yes the price of new has gone up, but that doesn't mean that the second hand price goes up. :dry:

Prepare to be shocked - the last time I got a quote it was around £1350. This is due to the Yen to GBP rate collapsing due to the crunch.

Is it just me that doesn't find the Nismo to be that bad a price? Considering you get a y-pipe aswell included in that price I dont think its too bad :)

Is it just me that doesn't find the Nismo to be that bad a price? Considering you get a y-pipe aswell included in that price I dont think its too bad :)

First pro nismo thing I've heard you say :lol:

I dont think its too bad either TBH for a propper branded factory exhaust.

First pro nismo thing I've heard you say :lol:

I dont think its too bad either TBH for a propper branded factory exhaust.

:lol:

i was going to buy this one but £650 for a second hand exhaust :scare:

yes the price of new has gone up, but that doesn't mean that the second hand price goes up. :dry:

+1000000000

ask beavis how much his zorst and wheels are worth this week, will be £200 more than last week :p

Its worth as much as someone is willing to pay. You cant dwell on the past, its simple supply and demand. Brand new they are a lot more, so for someone it will be worth that price. If you want to hold out for a cheaper one, good luck to you :thumbs:

Are there any group buys planned in the near future for a full Nismo cat back (with Y-pipe)?

No. But you can start one to gauge interest. Not sure on the discount you'd get though.

Maybe better off offering the seller of the one posted what you're willing to pay.

tbh I think you would struggle to get a GB going - we can easily handle it, but to really capitalize on economies of scale, shipping to 1 address would be required. Can be a shop, someones house, etc. When it starts going to multiple addresses no shipping discount can be applied, so the deal is nearly what it is on just a singular purchase. We tried it a while ago when the exchange rate was favorable and before the price increase from NISMO and it went no where. If you have at least 3 people, maximum of 10 people (beyond that on an item like this and I predic t a nightmare getting everyone to line their ducks up simultaneously), we can look into it and maybe make something happen

The only way I can see it working is if you get a trader on board and have it sent to there premises. Say for example Adam can get them for the Chillis or CS cheaper than they can source them themselves, then you could have them delivered to them and distrobuted from there, say some for them plus the ones for the GB. Will give a good saving on postage which is where the most money is saved in GBs from the US :)