new zed owner soon.. roadster or coupe?

people im new to the forum but been around the nissan scence for some time now. but cant decide i love convertables but think the zed looks better in coupe.. i think the roadster is let down by the back end....hope to make a decision and get one soon!

:)

i've had roadsters before and love them, best advantage of the roadster version is that with the roof down the car sounds awesome to drive, much better than the coupe.

i have the coupe partly because my wife wasn't keen on passengering with the roof down, and there are still days when the suns out where i wish i could drop the top.

both are good cars, it just comes down to personal preference and taste. each to their own etc.

i think that it looks a little like a butch version of the ford KA in roadster version, a spoiler might help but i like it coupe style. ;)

Had both, and if funds and space allowed I'd have one of each :lol:

The roadster is a blast on hot summer days, but they are few and far between. I do think the lines are spoiled slightly with the roof up, but thats just personal opinion.

The storage space in the roadster is limited if you dont use the tardis (hollow area created by putting the roof up). But Ill guess you arent buying a 350z for practicality.

The noise with the roof down is nice, but so is the coupe with the windows down.

What you gain on the swings you lose on the roundabouts, and there is no right choice. Its whichever you feel is right for you at the end of the day.

Right, just to redress the balance :boxing::lol:

Downside, the roadster is a lot heavier and doesnt look as good with the roof up .

However, they are great fun and its not all about hot days, driving even in light rain and you stay dry.

The others are only jealous. ;)

Ford Ka :scare: where did I leave ZMANALEXs number :lol:

martinmac016-1.jpg

coupe for me too but that's only because having owned a convertible before I just don't enjoy roof down driving unless its boiling hot. The coupe looks a bit more aggressive as well which I prefer (other than Martin's monster that is!) :D

As said before, I feel the lines of the roadster are not as nice as the coupe, but thats just personal preference.

I'm sure I've read somewhere before that the UK is the wettest country in the EU but we buy the most convertibles. Doesn't make sense really!

Roadster for me! Already had my roof down many times this year and its only April. :yahoo:

+ 2.

it doesn't have to be sunny to have the top down. I had it down all over this week even in the evenings. the audio experience in a tunnel is unbeatable.

with regard to the weight increase, nissan have been very clever. the structural support for the roadster is underneath the car. there is huge cross member under the floor of the roadster which should in theory lower the centre of gravity and also protect the underside of the car in case you jump of a cliff or something :clap::clap::clap:

Roadster for me! Already had my roof down many times this year and its only April. :yahoo:

+ 2.

it doesn't have to be sunny to have the top down. I had it down all over this week even in the evenings. the audio experience in a tunnel is unbeatable.

with regard to the weight increase, nissan have been very clever. the structural support for the roadster is underneath the car. there is huge cross member under the floor of the roadster which should in theory lower the centre of gravity and also protect the underside of the car in case you jump of a cliff or something :clap::clap::clap:

Isnt this one of the reasons that Alez chose the roadster for his track car?

The roadster is:

Heavier

Uglier

More expensive

Has less storage space

...and yet it's all forgiven when you drop the roof on a cold winter night or a hot summer day, or anywhere inbetween. Coupe for looks everytime, roadster for the experience. :thumbs:

YMMV etc ;)

Welcome bud.

coupe for me :thumbs:

i have had a few roadsters/targas/convertibles myself (chose a tuscan s over a sagaris but swapped for a cebera 6 months later :teeth: ) and would happily buy one again despite the british weather but i feel the lines are really spoilt roofdown on the zed as said before. Otherwise it's just as good.

The choice is your at the end of the day. ;)