How long before first new clutch needed.

martek

Hi Guy's

I'm currently on the look out to buy a 350z.

Looked at three at the weekend, best one was an 05 plate, with 33,000 miles :) , although the guy had just had a new clutch fitted, shown me the receipt for genuine nissan fit and cost £600.

Just a little worried that it had had a new clutch already :headhurt: , what is the average mileage before a new one is fitted.

Cheers Dave.

never thought about this and im hoping to pick mine up next weekend

mine will be a 56 plate 2007 registered with 33k miles or so, is it likely the clutch will be going on that soon? The dealer put the car through a nissan service last week and said there weren't any issues with anything, wont be happy if im having to replace the clutch any time soon especially if im looking at £600 :scare:

30,000 miles is a good yardstick for clutch replacement but it will vary from car to car and driver to driver.

£600 is an average price + the fly if required or wanted.

Not with 600+bhp, eh Alex, but then I guess you have something a little special in your bellhousing ;)

Sure Adam said the clutch can last easily upto 50k as long as its not abused. Mine is on 64k now and still on the original clutch as far as I'm aware. Got it at 27k and didnt have anything to say the clutch had been done. Does depend a lot on the kind of driving you are around though, mine is a lot of motorway miles so would expect it to last a lot longer than a town driver.

Mine is on 47k and still on the original clutch. 30k seems abit low for a clutch but I do remember reading that premature clutch wear can be an issue on the zed.

I am kind of hoping mine goes soon as a find it snatchy and need an excuse to get a new clutch and flywheel.

69k original clutch - and I don't hang around

Beat that! :dance:

Haha your the man :teeth:

I'm still on the original @ 55k!!!

Bit of a hard question, kinda like how longs a piece of string.... Known some to go at less than 10k, just luck off the draw pal.

are they covered under warranty if they do go? im guessing not

Nope

+1 - there was a thread on here not so long ago when someone had what they thought was a duff aftermarket clutch and that had no warrenty either so had to buy another new one IIRC :scare:

how much is it roughly to get one fitted? What is the benefit to a lighter flywheel? other than the car weighing less!

Dont know the costs but a lightened flywheel will allow the engine to rev more freely and also give you more engine braking as it carries less momentum to keep the engine spinning. :teeth: