Hello from a 350 and 240 owner

Hi everyone, I met up with a few of you guys yesterday at the Midland Meet and it was suggested I introduce myself. I'm getting on a bit (57 this year) but still enjoy fast cars and track days. My two lads (22 and 26) are into motorsport too, both do track days with me and the older one also motocrosses a 450 Honda.

I've been a 240 owner for 13 years now and had my 350 (2004 UK) for nearly 2 years. The 350 is a high mileage car (100k) but it's just had a new engine fitted (thanks to CS and his recent thread re Nissan evaluation scheme). Was hoping to see CS yesterday but he didn't make it.

You'll see my cars on page 79 of Autumn 08 Total Nissan.

Next trackdays are April 27 Donington and Japfest May 16. I use the 240 for trackwork and it goes quite well, don't think my 350 would be as quick. Take a look at my Youtube clips:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Tetleysdad

Hope to meet more of you at future shows (Japfest, Zedfest, Z009?)

:welcome: Rob

So was it your 240 at Japfest I have seen tourmenting young Evo drivers on the track? I must say, that Evo last year didnt want to give up, and I assume that you backed off thinking he was going to crash? Cant remember which Evo it was, but saw you had a good little battle with him but he was much closer to the limit, fish tailing out of corners. Was some cracking driving :thumbs:

Unfortunately, I wont be able to attend JapFest this year as it clashes with out Wales drive out :dry:

Thanks guys.

Chris'I , I think you might be be talking about a fellow 240 owner - Steve Francis. He has a red car like mine but with a black bonnet. The biggest difference however is that he has a 5ltr Ford V8 in his car, mine is a 2.8 ltr Datsun straight 6 engine. Steve and I are similar speed but he just has the edge at Castle Combe, his local circuit.

We were both at the Silverstone Nissan Parade day, if any of you can remember. On track my modified 240 couldn't stay with the quicker 350s on the straights but was quicker over the full lap. It's all down to weight, a 240 is near enough just 1030kg so braking and cornering speeds are better. The 350 is a great road car in standard tune.

MartinMac, sorry I forgot to mention that you introduced me to this Forum.

Pictures - they are too big to upload, I may need help with that. Yes I have a couple of short exhaust clips too.

Thanks guys.

Chris'I , I think you might be be talking about a fellow 240 owner - Steve Francis. He has a red car like mine but with a black bonnet. The biggest difference however is that he has a 5ltr Ford V8 in his car, mine is a 2.8 ltr Datsun straight 6 engine. Steve and I are similar speed but he just has the edge at Castle Combe, his local circuit.

We were both at the Silverstone Nissan Parade day, if any of you can remember. On track my modified 240 couldn't stay with the quicker 350s on the straights but was quicker over the full lap. It's all down to weight, a 240 is near enough just 1030kg so braking and cornering speeds are better. The 350 is a great road car in standard tune.

MartinMac, sorry I forgot to mention that you introduced me to this Forum.

Pictures - they are too big to upload, I may need help with that. Yes I have a couple of short exhaust clips too.

Its nice to have two great forums to belong to Rob. :D

The easiest way with the pics is to get a photobucket account, its free.

http://photobucket.com/

Upload tyhe pics when you have registered using the "choose files" button.

Next, left mouse click the IMG CODE then right click and copy.

Then you just have the right click and paste the code into the post on here and hey presto, the pic will appear. Its all a magic to me :lol:

Thanks guys.

Well it was good to see the Evo boys put to shame by a Datsun either way!! Was brilliant to watch and he definately let the lad go in the end for fear of the Evo being stuffed into a barrier! Car sounded awesome too. Would love a 240z to restore and tinker with, nowt you can do with a 350z as its all electronics. Nice and relaiable mind. :thumbs:

Hi Cara, (like the Avatar) I have a daughter too Amy (24), she is a Z fan as well. Amy has been a passenger on trackdays and loves both cars. Daren't let her drive - she's mad, fearless!

When she was at Uni in Sheffield the 350s were newish and she used to text me when she saw one! She went corporate karting recently with her boyfriend's workmates and took it really seriously, she was asking her brothers for advice.

My Dad (87) is a big car fan and he was the one who started all this!

My Dad (87) is a big car fan and he was the one who started all this!

Now that's what I call keeping it in the family, excellent! :thumbs:

Speaking on behalf of the women car lovers (and I'm sure Nixy and Bronzee will back me up on this), I really think you should let your daughter have a go, isn't it universally known that females are the better drivers :D;) (don't know why I can't keep my mouth shut on a predominantly male forum :lol: )

Hopefully Martin's wee tutorial will allow you to get some pics up for us all.