Hello from a 350 and 240 owner

Welcome to this forum Rob. I knew I recognised the username. ;)

My Dad (87) is a big car fan and he was the one who started all this!

Speaking on behalf of the women car lovers (and I'm sure Nixy and Bronzee will back me up on this), I really think you should let your daughter have a go, isn't it universally known that females are the better drivers :D;) (don't know why I can't keep my mouth shut on a predominantly male forum :lol: )

Yip. ;) If your daughter is that fearless Rob, she might be rather quick around the track as long as she keeps it tidy. :thumbs:

My dad loved his powerful cars, but I've kind of taken the obsession to a new level. :lol:

Speaking on behalf of the women car lovers (and I'm sure Nixy and Bronzee will back me up on this), I really think you should let your daughter have a go, isn't it universally known that females are the better drivers :D;) (don't know why I can't keep my mouth shut on a predominantly male forum :lol: )

Yip. ;) If your daughter is that fearless Rob, she might be rather quick around the track as long as she keeps it tidy. :thumbs:

My dad loved his powerful cars, but I've kind of taken the obsession to a new level. :lol:

No dont do it! You wont get your car back! I let the missus drive the Evo triangle last Wales run on the Saturday and nows shes always moaning she wants a go at the driving! Takes time away from me driving, boooo! To be fair though, shes not half bad, better than most of my male friends who claim they are good drivers :dry:

No dont do it! You wont get your car back! I let the missus drive the Evo triangle last Wales run on the Saturday and nows shes always moaning she wants a go at the driving! Takes time away from me driving, boooo! To be fair though, shes not half bad, better than most of my male friends who claim they are good drivers :dry:

I am struggling to think of a male that DOESN'T claim to be a good driver.....

:lol::lol::lol:

Neat vid Rob, love seeing 240's blatting around the track. B)

Quite frequently when we have our track days, the 240's will often have the fastest times around the track, reasonably worked, but not extremely so.

You know the answer to that, she needs a toy too. ;)

One of the guys in the club here, a few times when he's handed his 350 over to his fiancee at track days, she's carved quite a few seconds of his lap time, her lines are clean and smooth. Mind you she beat most of the guys easily when we went clay bird shooting too, and she's only tiny.

:lol:

As I said before the weight is the main issue with the 350. Although thought to be a big car when current the 240 is quite small and responsive compared to modern cars. I've worked on mine a bit too - and still doing so at the moment to take even more weight off.

Lady drivers - most don't find driving as 'natural' as men (unlike ice skating, horse riding etc - don't mean to be sexist here!). They can be very good and I know a few who are, in fact I've service (now now!) a lady crew on international rallies. Put many men to shame.

My daughter is a slick driver and what I like most is that she is great at manouvering and parking, something I 'pushed' when she was learning to drive. My mother-in-law is pathetic, embarassing! My wife doesn't drive and I have three cars :teeth:

So how many 350Z women drivers are there, I've not seen one!

There's a few on here Rob, myself included, and some more long-standing members including Nixy and Bronzee. And more joining all the time... (shh...we're taking over.... :D )

Lol, you need new batteries in your glasses. :lol::p

Yes, there are quite a few on here Rob and some would leave the guys standing on technical knowledge ;)

Tere! :thumbs:

+ 1000's!!

There's a few on here Rob, myself included, and some more long-standing members including Nixy and Bronzee. And more joining all the time... (shh...we're taking over.... :D )

Quite a few more than that, the others just don't visit the site as often. :blush:

Quite a few more than that, the others just don't visit the site as often. :blush:

Yes I know, you're completely right. We're the sad ones... :blush:B)

I've still not seen one, glasses ok B) I see lots of ladies in Audi TTs, Mercs, BMs, Jags, Minis, Civic Type Rs, Boxters etc.

Woohoo, we're rare! :lol:

You know the answer to that, she needs a toy too. ;)

If she could afford to run one, I would let her have mine when I get a 370z in a year to two's time. She just cant afford to run it. Maybe in a few years though. No denying she is a good driver though, given her lack of experience in the Zed, she was lapping the Evo triangle rather quickly in the rain, faster than most did it the following day in the dry! :drive1:thumbs: