Spill's Grounding Kits

Spill

As the original reason to produce these was to make them easily accessible to UK owners, I'd like to start offering them to all members of the 350z-uk.com community

The first modification I made to my car after finding 350zuk.com was to install a set of grounding wires this was back in December 04 approx 12 months after taking delivery of the zed, to be honest I was a bit sceptical and thought it would just be another gimmick, but they looked good. After installation I was totally bowled over, impressed was an understatement, how can something so simple improve the car so much and why wasn't this included with the car from new?

My company manufactures and assembles rear view camera systems for off-highway vehicles. Part of the process involves cable manufacture of which we probably order in-excess of 10miles every couple of months, this gave me the opportunity to source and manufacture grounding kits and in turn make them easily available to all fellow zedders so that they too could experience how this car should be.

Tech info

The cable on the grounding kits are multi stranded made up of over 1000 strands, with a resistance of 0.9ohms per 1000metres.

Bigger cable = lower resistance = less voltage drop.

The biggest cables are normally the ones carrying the most current, the main battery connections, starter, alternator. Some carry varying currents, like the ECU.

By providing a lower resistance connection the ECU can see a cleaner signal, and do it's job better.

Also, since the engine sits on rubber mounts which insulate it from the chassis, it's important to have a low resistance link between the engine and all it's ancillaries.

The kits include

1 x 16" cable

1 x 20" cable

1 x 26" cable

2 x 30" cables

1 x 32" cable

2 x M6 x 16mm bolt

2 x M6 x 10mm bolt

2 x Cable ties

'Revised' Installation manual -

The price £52.00 plus £6.55 delivery, payment Bank Transfer or Cheque - (min 20 posts).

Paypal £61.00 inc. delivery

+ Free gift

• 6 years later...

Beautiful picture, all let down by that yellow dip stick. :stir:

Grounding Kits--- All part of the Wasso empire. :wink: Good luck to you my good man. :)

To be honest I'd already priced up doing kits such as these but don't have the time to include it at the moment. I still have the Burnt Titanium Slam Panels to do yet, plus I'm looking at a Strafe Intake which replaces the ugly Vortech intake section.

So grounding kits are on the list.

Thanks for the tip with the yellow dipstick,although its yellow for a reason, so that I can find it amongst red and polished bits :lol: