Which metal polish to revive exhaust tips

matth76

Hi

I have just bought a 2005 350z and one exhaust tip is nice and shiny but the other is ingrained with dull brown muck (clearly never been cleaned). I have tried some metal polish from Halfords but it has had no real effect. Please can anyone recommend what cloth to use and what product I can buy that will do the job?

Thanks for any info.

Use autoglym metal polish myself. Seems to do a great job and only £4.99, though it is a smaller size. You don't need much so either will probably last you forever if you're just polishing the tips :)

Will have to give the autosol stuff a try though Halfrauds seems a bit steep at £5.48 for 75g when the polishing shop are doing 100g for £2.89

Use green scotch brite with WD40 on it, wipe it off, go at it with the autosol, wipe it off, give it a once over with Meguiars Metal Polysh, it leaves a coating on the metal and makes it easier to clean next time. (as told to me by BigPhil) :thumbs:

Fletch

Use green scotch brite with WD40 on it, wipe it off, go at it with the autosol, wipe it off, give it a once over with Meguiars Metal Polysh, it leaves a coating on the metal and makes it easier to clean next time. (as told to me by BigPhil) :thumbs:

Fletch

will have to try this one, great advice from ppl in the know :thumbs:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Fletch

Yup, thats the way to do it :thumbs:

Megs NXT polish is the stuff you want. Has corrosion inhibitors in it and deffo makes it easier to clean next time