Snow

ALT

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i nearly got stuck at my parents last night,

driving back from essex into suffolk was a nightmare. did 20 mph through most of essex, 30mph on the a120 and 35mph on the a12. i had control of my car, but what worried me was the other d1ckheads on the road. i had several people following behind me that were almost tailgating. even though they could see the back of my car swinging around like j-lo's butt.

essex don't seemed to have gritted properly. as soon as we hit the suffolk border, it was still snowing but the roads were clear.

loads of sideways action, scared my wife to death, even in 6th gear the rear kept kicking out, thank god for traction and esp. must admit nearly worn bridgestone re040s didn't help. they were bloody useless in the snow, have about 3mm of tread on the rear, i might as well have had slicks on.

and to top it all off my school seems to be the only one in suffolk still open. managed to get in, but its due to snow heavily later, i'm more worried about getting home. :dry:

i nearly got stuck at my parents last night,

i had control of my car, but what worried me was the other d1ckheads on the road. i had several people following behind me that were almost tailgating.

+1! I could not believe it when people were doin it to me.

even though they could see the back of my car swinging around like j-lo's butt.

:lol::lol:

Like a few have mentioned its the drive home tonight that i am dreading!

All the planks with their 900watt fog lights on....highways bods closing lanes because a fiesta needs a tyre changing on the hard shoulder - standard stuff .......

Its still coming down quite heavily here but is on and off. Seems to be settling on the ground a bit too well for my liking. Will definately be taking our other car out tomorrow, 206 1.4 diesel.

Fingers crossed for your flight still being on Nixy, and yours Martin.

p.s just had the following email circulated around at work.

We have received the following Warning from the Met Office.

From 18.00 Monday 2 February to 12.00 Tuesday 3 February.

There is a moderate risk of an extreme event affecting many parts of the northeast of England. Further heavy, drifting snow with blizzard conditions in places is likely, more particularly over higher ground where further accumulations of 20 to 30 cm of snow are possible.

:scare::scare::scare:

Still nothing in Aberdeen.............

Makes a change!

I'm off work ill today and it's non-stop on all the news, half the staff on TV programmes off (yes, getting to watch This Morning and Loose Women for a change! lol) .... sheesh.... never like this when we have snow up here, we're just left to get on with it :p:lol:

School finally got closed at 2. But we didn't get to leave till 3. Have been re enacting out the Matrix, had to clear all the kids off the field. Was then shot at with a volley of nearly 15 snowballs from the year 11 and Sixth form. Dodged every one but they got. Bloody close.

Ha was posting while you posted that so didnt see it till just then :scare:

Thats a few ££Â£'s worth of repair sat there hope its not yours and if so your ok

No not mine - it appeared at about 2am. looks like it mounted the pavement, missed the first traffic light but hit the second! Fair bit of damage in engine compartment.