Discussion on for sale threads

3FIDDYZ

Still think that for sale threads should be locked to stop comments like that....

Maybe the OP dosnt want to sell for 10k.... Maybe he thinks he put enough coin into warrent the price... Even if its worth a bit less I dont think comments like that are called for. Maybe the person that sold the car for 10k sold it too cheap and he / she was desperate to sell......... Exactly the same car was it?

Forsale threads should be adverts... not just open for general discussion... :dry:

Still think that for sale threads should be locked to stop comments like that....

Maybe the OP dosnt want to sell for 10k.... Maybe he thinks he put enough coin into warrent the price... Even if its worth a bit less I dont think comments like that are called for. Maybe the person that sold the car for 10k sold it too cheap and he / she was desperate to sell......... Exactly the same car was it?

Forsale threads should be adverts... not just open for general discussion... :dry:

totally agree, if it was my thread i would not be happy

I wouldn't want a thread like this to influence potential buyers either but...........

I'd also say that it could be considered as advice - I mean someone might sit on their cars price for ages not realising it's unrealistic. The guys on this forum are probably the best placed to comment on values :surrender:

I wouldn't want a thread like this to influence potential buyers either but...........

I'd also say that it could be considered as advice - I mean someone might sit on their cars price for ages not realising it's unrealistic. The guys on this forum are probably the best placed to comment on values :surrender:

A very good point there if you look at it in that way, maybe an option for discussion and a single post thread say for selling the Zed !!!!!!!!

I agree... it will put people of posting their motors.. maybe private messages with the "maybe ou need to price it at XXX comments should be sent"

And maybe there should be a way for someone to post for buying price advice for the forum that mandates the reqest to be locked and answers only on private messages....

We all know the car market is in freefall... re-inforcing it by pointing it out to every seller probably isn't necessary nor motivational...

And for those that buy a car it's caveat emptor...

I have been banging on for ages about posting on members car for sale threads. As far as i am concerned the seller can advertise his or her car at any price they like, its up to the buyer to decide how much he wants to pay for one. So if you think its too expensive then look elsewhere dont really see the need to leave unhelpful comments, why not pm the seller instead? And as for advice on the price to the seller i think the fact that if a car does not sell or recieve's no interest tells the seller something is wrong anyhow. ;)

Its the same sort of comments by the same people in all the for sale threads

if its considered to be helpful advice about the price - which i doubt, then pm the seller, if you think the price is too high and want to make an offer then pm the seller

if you just want to slate the car or the price then why bother, its just rude

if its considered to be helpful advice about the price - which i doubt, then pm the seller, if you think the price is too high and want to make an offer then pm the seller

Because it informs new members that not all that glitters is neccessarily gold.

I would hope that someone that is looking has done the research on Piston Heads or Autotrader and consulted a guide before dropping 10k + so they know the ball park...

As this isnt stock, it falls to the OP / seller / Buyer to decide how much his extras are worth... Its the cost of the car + the extra bits.. If he choses to sell the car and the parts seperate then good luck to him. Seperatly 2nd hand hes got about 3.5 to 4k, that on top of the value of the car at around 12k... So I dont think hes far off...

Plain rude in my opinion too and something needs to be done. Or at least a sticky at the top of the forsale ad section that informs the seller that the thread can be locked if they request and discussions are made by PM....

Because it informs new members that all that glitters is neccessarily gold.

i think you're missing an isn't there

i certainly wouldn't advertise my car or advise anyone else to advertise on here , which is a sad reflection on a forum i have spent so much time on

so many people have had their threads destroyed by helpful comments

yes......... a public service :yawn:

If you don't want comments on something, then don't post on a public internet forum, vis a vis the Silly Hat Rule. You may enjoy wearing your Brand New Trendy Hat and want to post pictures of it on the interweb, but if I deem it to be a Silly Hat then I'm perfectly allowed to tell you so. If you don't like it, then don't post.

This place seems pretty sensible to me right now in that you're allowed to pass comment on things for sale ("That's really nice, proper bargain!" through to "That's overpriced tat") as well as ask questions in open forum, but if the OP doesn't want anything in their thread then they can PM a Mod to remove it for them. Assuming the Mods are happy with this then it seems like the best of both worlds.

i know what its like to have a thread demolished by people who think their being helpful.

and when corrected not even an apology.

eg.

http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=18945

first apge of comments is fine and people helped me to work out an accurate price.

but its page 2 and "steveJ" with his "public service announcement" which pi**ed me off as he was wrong about the info. and by posting it up sabortaged any sales interest i had at the time. meant i lost another £1000 off the vehicle before it sold to make way for the ZED.

car sales threads should be a single post advert, any comments or adjustments should be made through PM. if people have concerns about the validity or safety of the car then it should go through the ADMIN and MOD team as thats what their there for.

i find multiple posts all over an advert make it hard to find the information, and clog up a clean advert.

The problem is the posting of misinformation not the fact that people are suggesting something is tat.

In the thread i was trying to sell the brake parts in i asked a Mod to remove the less helpful posts from the people who unfortunately didnt actually know what they were talking/commenting about.

This actually ended up in the more helpful comments getting deleted as well but at least the bad ones had gone.

I dont understand people who would purposefully go out to comment negatively about something they dont understand, i hardly have enough time to read and comment on the ones i am interested in...

I dont understand people who would purposefully go out to comment negatively about something they dont understand

+1 or have no interest in.

Like i said earlier if you have 50 posts you are entitled to sell your car on here at the price that you want for it, and equally its upto the buyer to decide how much he will pay for one and to do the necessary checks. Any haggling or comment on a potential purchase should be done by the interested parties via pm. :thumbs:

I dont understand people who would purposefully go out to comment negatively about something they dont understand

+1 or have no interest in.

Like i said earlier if you have 50 posts you are entitled to sell your car on here at the price that you want for it, and equally its upto the buyer to decide how much he will pay for one. Any haggling or comment on a potential purchase should be done via pm. :thumbs:

AMEN :thumbs: