Moving to Falken FK452 from MPS

NWZ

OK, before I bite the bullet and go for the Falken's tomorrow does anybody have reservations if I should stay with MPS or a premium brand, price isn't really an issue as the tyres are the only link to the road and I do circa 25k miles a year so want something really good.

Decided on the FK452 after so many good reviews and was curious if they compare much to the premium brands.

So should I go FK452 or up to a premium brand? Let me know cheers guys.

If price isn't an issue then you should get the MPS' ;)

+millionty

I'd never swap my MPS for anything else now, regardless of wear or cost. Like you say, they're the only thing keeping you on the black stuff so you want something really decent on there and seeing as how the MPS are better in the wet AND dry then the Falkens, I think you'd be mad to swap. Tbh if I were a bit closer I'd snatch your MPS off you in a shot.

If price isn't an issue then you should get the MPS' ;)

+millionty

I'd never swap my MPS for anything else now, regardless of wear or cost. Like you say, they're the only thing keeping you on the black stuff so you want something really decent on there and seeing as how the MPS are better in the wet AND dry then the Falkens, I think you'd be mad to swap. Tbh if I were a bit closer I'd snatch your MPS off you in a shot.

I've got to agree. If price is not a consideration then it has to be MPS.

• 2 months later...

Missed this first time around, but I had MPS on my Rays first time around and have the Falkens on my Rotas. I have to agree with the others, if price isnt a problem then get the MPS. They are slightly better in the dry and quite a bit better in the wet, but not enough to keep me on them. I do so many motorway miles, its just not worth the premium, and if I were you I'd go Falken ;)

I changed from the 040 Stones to the Falkens (and rims upped to 19") - marked improvement in the wet although in the dry the extra grip (and/or perhaps the softer side walls) does mean provoking oversteer needs just a little more caution as to when it lets go.

I intend to try the MPS when the next tyre change is necessary, given the informed opinion on here. :thumbs: