45 profile to 40 profile

nismoip

Hiya all

I had to change 3 tries due to Wear and nails.

So I went onto Blackcircle to order an full set of Falken 452's but instead of ordering the standard 45 profiles I accidently order 2*225/40 and 2* 245/40 which I put them on anyway due to the guy telling me it would be slight drop in ride height and wont be any problems.

My question is does anyone know of any problems I may encounter if continue to use 40's instead of 45's? such as scaping the bottom going over speed bumps???

Thanks

Steven

Narrower tyres?? isnt it just the height of the tires the only difference???

More like the TCS light coming on as the car struggles to gain as much grip as its expecting to due to the narrower tyres....

Sorry your right, I was watching TV at the same time as posting.... :blush::lol:

You still may run into TCS problems as the rolling radius has changed......

Narrower tyres?? isnt it just the height of the tires the only difference???

More like the TCS light coming on as the car struggles to gain as much grip as its expecting to due to the narrower tyres....

Sorry your right, I was watching TV at the same time as posting.... :blush::lol:

You still may run into TCS problems as the rolling radius has changed......

Guess I find out when I push the car it abit then ;)

A tad more crushy ride than before...if you had falkens before u will tell...cant c why u wud have any probs from the TCS....it cud affect active suspension systems and even that wud be minor....now if the ESP interferes 0.1sec faster i dont think u can tell.... and in overall the car was lowered by 5mm or 0.5cm or about 1/5th of an inch....which is nothing....unless u v lowered it 5cm already!!! loooool

ur wheel arches will look a bit more empty now tho....

If you want to make the ride a bit more fluent use nitrogen instead of air...u will tell the difference....although hard to find smbd who does nitrogen... :thumbs::D

A tad more crushy ride than before...if you had falkens before you will tell...cant see why you would have any probs from the TCS....it could affect active suspension systems and even that would be minor....now if the ESP interferes 0.1sec faster i dont think you can tell.... and in overall the car was lowered by 5mm or 0.5cm or about 1/5th of an inch....which is nothing....unless you have lowered it 5cm already!!! loooool

your wheel arches will look a bit more empty now though....

If you want to make the ride a bit more fluent use nitrogen instead of air...you will tell the difference....although hard to find smbd(? I think it means somebody?) who does nitrogen... :thumbs::D

I think i get it now.

However i have helped some of the old people on this site out, or those who speak the queens english and not text speak ;)

well he IS greek - lucky it wasn't like..

Ένας πιό crushy γύρος αγορακιών απ'ό, τι πριν από… εάν είχατε falkens προτού να πείτε… λοξοτομείτε βλέπει γιατί θα είχατε οποιαδήποτε probs από το TCS….θα μπορούσε να έχει επιπτώσεις στα ενεργά συστήματα αναστολής και ακόμη και αυτό θα ήταν δευτερεύον….τώρα εάν ESP παρεμβαίνει 0.1sec γρηγορότερο δεν σκέφτομαι ότι μπορείτε να πείτε…. και συνολικά στο αυτοκίνητο χαμηλώθηκε κατά 5mm ή 0.5cm ή για το 1/5th μιας ίντσας….όποιο δεν είναι τίποτα….εκτός αν το έχετε χαμηλώσει 5cm ήδη!!! loooool οι αψίδες ροδών σας θα φανούν λίγο πιό κενές τώρα εν τούτοις…. Εάν θέλετε να κάνετε το γύρο το λίγο πιό ρευστό άζωτο χρήσης αντί του αέρα… θα πείτε τη διαφορά….αν και σκληρά για να βρεί smbd (; Σκέφτομαι ότι σημαίνει κάποιο;) ποιος κάνει το άζωτο…

well he IS greek - lucky it wasn't like..

Ένας πιό crushy γύρος αγορακιών απ'ό, τι πριν από… εάν είχατε falkens προτού να πείτε… λοξοτομείτε βλέπει γιατί θα είχατε οποιαδήποτε probs από το TCS….θα μπορούσε να έχει επιπτώσεις στα ενεργά συστήματα αναστολής και ακόμη και αυτό θα ήταν δευτερεύον….τώρα εάν ESP παρεμβαίνει 0.1sec γρηγορότερο δεν σκέφτομαι ότι μπορείτε να πείτε…. και συνολικά στο αυτοκίνητο χαμηλώθηκε κατά 5mm ή 0.5cm ή για το 1/5th μιας ίντσας….όποιο δεν είναι τίποτα….εκτός αν το έχετε χαμηλώσει 5cm ήδη!!! loooool οι αψίδες ροδών σας θα φανούν λίγο πιό κενές τώρα εν τούτοις…. Εάν θέλετε να κάνετε το γύρο το λίγο πιό ρευστό άζωτο χρήσης αντί του αέρα… θα πείτε τη διαφορά….αν και σκληρά για να βρεί smbd (; Σκέφτομαι ότι σημαίνει κάποιο;) ποιος κάνει το άζωτο…
:lol:

A tad more crushy ride than before...if you had falkens before you will tell...cant see why you would have any probs from the TCS....it could affect active suspension systems and even that would be minor....now if the ESP interferes 0.1sec faster i dont think you can tell.... and in overall the car was lowered by 5mm or 0.5cm or about 1/5th of an inch....which is nothing....unless you have lowered it 5cm already!!! loooool

If you want to make the ride a bit more fluent use nitrogen instead of air...you will tell the difference....although hard to find smbd(? I think it means somebody?) who does nitrogen... :thumbs::D

I think i get it now.

However i have helped some of the old people on this site out, or those who speak the queens english and not text speak ;)

Thanks from an oldie

I think i get it now.

Thanks from an oldie

You are welcome grandad ;)

I run 40's all round on aftermarket 18's - No issues! Surely 5mm is the difference between a properly inflated tyre and underinflated so I would presume Nissan would take this into account, Plus with base models running 17's etc I would imagine there is a fair amount of flexibility!!!

This is my opinion not fact!!!

I run 40's all round on aftermarket 18's - No issues! Surely 5mm is the difference between a properly inflated tyre and underinflated so I would presume Nissan would take this into account, Plus with base models running 17's etc I would imagine there is a fair amount of flexibility!!!

This is my opinion not fact!!!

Actually now that you've said that, my slip did used to come on more with the Rays that the 17" JDMs. I always just thought it was the tires. Probably a bit of both. Doesn't that mean it should always be on with the 20" rims as i doubt you can lose 3" of radius by changing the tire profile?? Can you?

got 40's on the front of mine and have no issues. Looks better than 45's but I wouldn't change the rears due to the TCS

Took the car for abit of an test, don't know if its the tyres or the lower profiles but ride and handing has improved. Also did not have the TCS come in once even when I pushed it alittle harder than usual, but then I've only had the TCS come in once before and that was in the rain and on a big roundabout :blush:

got 40's on the front of mine and have no issues. Looks better than 45's but I wouldn't change the rears due to the TCS

Took the car for abit of an test, don't know if its the tyres or the lower profiles but ride and handing has improved. Also did not have the TCS come in once even when I pushed it alittle harder than usual, but then I've only had the TCS come in once before and that was in the rain and on a big roundabout :blush:

The speedo won't be accurate though.... ;)

But as the RR is smaller, it will over-read, so at least its the safe way round :thumbs:

But as the RR is smaller, it will over-read, so at least its the safe way round :thumbs:

The car's speed is limited to 155mph but the digital will go up 160 on stock 313's...guess it will show now 163! Thats something..... :lol:

The car's speed is limited to 155mph but the digital will go up 160 on stock 313's...guess it will show now 163! Thats something..... :lol:

Get yourself a nice GPS unit. No lies there :thumbs:

Or get clocked by the coppers....even more accurate!!!! :thumbs::thumbs:

I wouldnt be so sure! Theres plenty of room for error from them, no holding it right, not having it callibrated recently. I'd trust GPS more I think ;)

I wouldnt be so sure! Theres plenty of room for error from them, no holding it right, not having it callibrated recently. I'd trust GPS more I think ;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol: