350z v Hotpoint v Zanussi Home Appliances Shoot out!!

Beavis

My beloved zed tangled with these two last night :headhurt: . I had popped out briefly and left my son (Ryan) in the house, he decided he wanted a cd out of my car. So he took the car key and went to the zed in the garage, he got in and been unsure how you power up the Bose he decided to start the engine. The car was in gear and he just let the clutch drop out and even though the handbrake was on this was the result. :headhurt:

To say i was furious with him is a massive understatement :rant: But i have calmed down a bit now. This could have been so much worse if the washer and dryer were not there :scare:

The zed is only lightly damaged and can be easily repaired. I have a couple of options, Bigphil as Tillys UY front bumper at his place, but it would have to be in very good condition for me to consider it but with it been already painted it would be one less headache. Or i could go for the Nismo V1 bumper M350ZB is selling? What do you reckon i should do guys. I never really wanted to alter my zed much from standard so i don't know. :blush:

Pictures to follow shortly :thumbs:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like i said the zed is only lightly damaged but the bumper as some slight indentations and highpoints now and as been pushed slightly out of line with the headlight.

Like i said i might have to make a trip to see Phil. ;)

Phils bodyshop is very good Dave, definately worth considering.

Feeling very sorry for Ryan too, hes a nice lad :blush:

Thanks for that Martin, he was very upset. Was such a surprise because he as never been any trouble. At the end of the day it was an accident and i think he as learnt is lesson.

Sorry for both you and Ryan. :(

From the photos, the ZED seems to have come off much better than the home appliances - testament to both the 'give' and strength in the bumper design. Even if the indents/highspots on your bumper are not repairable then Tilly's old one (even if not in pristine condition through the dreaded stone chips), with a respray work out your best option - that is if you are wanting to keep the body as original? ;)

oh, and ps:

Chance to get an electrian to sort out that wiring hanging all over the place when the repacement appliances arrive (only kidding Dave :surrender: )

You should also have a go at claiming on you house insurance for the appliances.

But £250 excess though to replace £500 :surrender: , have sourced a new washer and dryer (same models) and i will probably salvage as many parts as i can for spares off the damaged ones. ;)

Yes Colin i am hoping Tilly's is in good nick and yes the wiring needs tidying up, infact the garage was just about to have a re-vamp. ;)

You should also have a go at claiming on you house insurance for the appliances.

But £250 excess though to replace £500 :surrender: , have sourced a new washer and dryer (same models) and i will probably salvage as many parts as i can for spares off the damaged ones. ;)

Fair point Dave. Especially with you having the know-how to take them apart.

The only other thing i am worried about is the thought of visiting ESR, it seems to me visiting there is a bit like visiting Arkwright's store or Aunty Wainwrights where you walk out with more than you intended to buy. :headhurt::lol:

Freaky - i was sooooo close to doing this lastnight. My Girlfriend sister's Clio had a flat battery, so i pulled my zed infront of it and gave it a jump. When i started her car she'd left it in gear and it jumped forward, and missed my car by about 1 inch. :scare:

I was already :rant: about being interrupted on a saturday night, but if it would have hit mine i would have lost it properly!

Sorry to hear this matey, and PM replied, do still have the genuine v1 nismo front bumper up for grabs !!!!!

Cor, your worse than a door to door salesman :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: , he did pm me and i just replied to it, :teeth:

Yes it may be an option for me ;)

Freaky - i was sooooo close to doing this lastnight. My Girlfriend sister's Clio had a flat battery, so i pulled my zed infront of it and gave it a jump. When i started her car she'd left it in gear and it jumped forward, and missed my car by about 1 inch. :scare:

I was already :rant: about being interrupted on a saturday night, but if it would have hit mine i would have lost it properly!

You quickly learn to start all cars by giving the stick a whack to make sure its not in gear then starting it with the clutch down :thumbs:

At least the first car Ryan crashed was a good one! ;)

I'm sure he'll learn from that one......

Tough decision on what to do Dave. Standard or Nismo...... You COULD always get both...... Just so you have the option to swap and or sell seperately later on.

... I gave the stick a wobble and it seemed like it was in neutral! Crappy renault.

I've never started with the cluch down though... whats the benefit?

The benefit is that the car doesn't jump forward when the car is started ;)

Dave, get the Nismo bumper and some oem mudflaps like the black one that Jamie owns in Jersey (can't remember his username!), very cool and still oem B)B)