WoooHoooo Part 1 of my I.C.E Complete (now fitted)

nurrish

Well here you go part one done.

System includes:

GPS navigation

Bluetooth phone integration

Movie player

Music Player

Video in ( Going to link my iphone up to this)

1066728.jpg

1066729.jpg

1066730.jpg

1066731.jpg

1066734.jpg

1066746.jpg

Stage two will be very interesting and you'll have to wait to find out :teeth:

Looking to get this all up and running by the weekend

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of mate.....Its an embedded PC running windows C.E.

Its basically a full computer just miniturised

Cool. Heard of embedded Windows before but never seen it. Did you have to put the bits together yourself or was it premade? I always thought it was a bit too much of a faff for me, so just used an old laptop :blush:

video in is any composite source....so video console, reverse cam whatever really

I only got it today and the first thing i did was rip it open :teeth:

Powering it by the 12v cigarette lighter

Going to look even better when im finished. Going to mount an ipod dock in the ash tray with the composite leads going into the screen. Then i can control my iphone music with the supplied remote control.

Just need to get it altogether and hopefully i will have a pretty neat setup

video in is any composite source....so video console, reverse cam whatever really

Going to look even better when im finished. Going to mount an ipod dock in the ash tray with the composite leads going into the screen. Then i can control my iphone music with the supplied remote control.

You may have a little business going !!!

Would be interested in seeing some pics of the video quality if you can :)

So have you cut into the 12v at the back or you just popping the lead out from the trim and then using the included adapter? Do the adapters stay "live" when you take the keys out and lock the car?

Careful mounting the iphone in the ash tray, you will keep knocking it when you change gear! I think someone does a mount that fits to the left of the centre console... Shame you cant get the ipod control on the screen as it is touch screen... If its CE someone must have created a little prog like the ones you get on the Alpine / Pioneer...

Oh, what did you use to "fix" the screen?

So have you cut into the 12v at the back or you just popping the lead out from the trim and then using the included adapter? Do the adapters stay "live" when you take the keys out and lock the car?

Careful mounting the iphone in the ash tray, you will keep knocking it when you change gear! I think someone does a mount that fits to the left of the centre console... Shame you cant get the ipod control on the screen as it is touch screen... If its CE someone must have created a little prog like the ones you get on the Alpine / Pioneer...

I just used the included adapter which plugs into the front and its cable tucked up and pushed into the cubby hole. Looks nice to be honest as you cant see any cables just a bit of the adapter. Once the ignition is turned off the power cuts off too. I will get a picture up of what it looks like.

Yeah you may be right about the ipod mount in the ash tray will look into the alternative places.

I will have the ipod controls on the screen and also the artwork which is displayed on my iphone. I would just need to use the apple remote control to skip track. Also going to wire the sound in so that it works whilst using the navigation settings!!!

I know all this sounds pretty ambitious but this is my area of expertise!!!

For the screen i used "Strong as nails" which is like a silicone but stronger. Will keep it in place

More pics

1067971.jpg

Installed switch

1067972.jpg

Extended the GPS Ariel and the speaker

1067973.jpg

Theres no sat nav here.....honest.....

1067975.jpg

Igo 8 operating with the latest maps

1067981.jpg

Paired with my iphone perfectly....extended the mic too which will be right by the steering wheel

1067982.jpg

I installed a push switch out of an old pc to power on the device and to turn off / put into sleep mode

1067993.jpg

Here is the guts.....a bit plastic fantastic but it does the job and nobody will seee it

1067994.jpg

Looking good chap.

Are you going to hook it up to a proper CarPC PSU so that you can get it to auto power on and off and also protect it from spikes in the power when you turn on the car?

No need mate as it has its own batteries on board.....Im good to run it for a bout an hour before it cuts out....

It also enters sleep mode after so many minutes of inactivity so all i do is press the switch i installed and within a second it all comes to life B)