WoooHoooo Part 1 of my I.C.E Complete (now fitted)

nurrish

any chance of a total cost and a list of parts used :blush:

I have an 05 z so i brought the cubby hole from a 03 z. The unit it self is £113.00 shipped directly from china. Then its really just man hours. But because i work in a PC workshop i have had alot of tools and bits at my disposable.

When im finished im looking to write up a full detailed guide

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any chance of a total cost and a list of parts used :blush:

I have an 05 z so i brought the cubby hole from a 03 z. The unit it self is £113.00 shipped directly from china. Then its really just man hours. But because i work in a PC workshop i have had alot of tools and bits at my disposable.

When im finished im looking to write up a full detailed guide

Very interesting may look into this myself, because if i can build this surely i will be able to do the same as you(industrial sparky). :teeth:

Basically what you are doing is buying the unit off ebay, pulling it to bits then fitting it into the console?

DSC_0193.jpg

Did your missus have an orgasm during the filming of that clip?? :lol:

:yahoo:

Is the navigation audio coming from the integrated speaker or your headunit? If not does it have an audio out to use on an aftermarket stereo?

Look really good :thumbs:

hahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahaha :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

its currently coming from its onboard speaker which is quite good. will wire it in later

Do you know what the Nav software it is running? Havent seen it before. Looks more interesting than the Destinator that comes with the Centrafuse front end I'm running.

Its Igo 8 with latest 2008 maps. It also renders in 3D and it looks fantastic. Speed camera warnings too!!! Also in does 3d buildings for places like london!!

Its a great user interface and looks the muts nuts!!!

Do you know what the Nav software it is running? Havent seen it before. Looks more interesting than the Destinator that comes with the Centrafuse front end I'm running.

Its Igo 8 with latest 2008 maps. It also renders in 3D and it looks fantastic. Speed camera warnings too!!! Also in does 3d buildings for places like london!!

Certainly looks swish B)

Certainly looks swish B)

Yeah.....Im out on the wales meet up so if your around come and have a look

Seems there is quite a little comminuty going for the PC version of this (its not strictly a PC version, more a fiddled demo). Certainly looks impressive compared to Destinator. Have a new skin to try out tonight on my lappy then will look to get it into Centrafuse and give Destinator the boot :)

Slightly impulsively I bought one of these the other night because it looked exactly what I've been looking for and i love a project!

Nurrish - do you know if you can see the device if you hook it up to a pc? I fancy doing a custom 350Z UI. Would be very cool if possible.

Slightly impulsively I bought one of these the other night because it looked exactly what I've been looking for and i love a project!

Nurrish - do you know if you can see the device if you hook it up to a pc? I fancy doing a custom 350Z UI. Would be very cool if possible.

Hi,

Ive actually been tinkering with this today looking to see is i can get to the wince desktop....Its actually quite difficult. The only way to get to the system files is by loading up file manager on the device (this in its self requires you to tinker with some files) and the unhiding them. Theres no explorer.exe from what i can see and its a very customised wince build. From what i have been reading the only way to open up to a full wince desktop is to flash it using custom cables and a custom rom.

I will strive on and let you know of any developments.

Would the £400 be a fully patched version or just the hardware modified to fit into the cubby?

Also did you manage to sort a line out for it?

It will be properly fitted if thats what you mean. The line out in the end wasnt a problem because the fm transmitter is just fine.

If your interested mate you could always come and look at it and see how it works.

Oh yeah.. didnt notice you were in solihull.

No what I mean is there is talk of a "PC" version of the gps software. I assume that it doesnt come with the unit as standard, so will the relevant software be installed?

So the unit has an FM transmitter? Sort of like an ipod fm transmitter??

I should be getting my new Zed nex week so i'll pop round!

• 1 month later...

I'd actually be interested in something like this for my newly purchased Z (which unfortunately doesn't have Sat Nav).

I'm basically looking to keep the stereo stock, but have some gadgets that I can hide away under the cubby hole.

Im a complete tech novice when it comes to car stuff though. Did I read the thread right that this setup is purchasable from you nurrish?

If so im very interested. Also can this be doctored at all to include some sort of blue tooth hands free functionality?

Many thanks, Nathan...

Hi Nate,

Yeah i am willing to make these for people and you would be amazed at how good this thing works!! Its been in my car now for a couple of months and has never let me down.

Also what i like about the software it comes with a trip meter which tracks lots of stats about your driving such as traveling time/stationary time/distance covered/average speed and best of all top speed :teeth:

If you are looking to keep everything stock you will be able to transmit the sound of the gps over the fm transmitter to your stereo otherwise it uses its onboard speaker(which is actually loud enough to hear over music)

Thanks for coming back nurrish...

Sounds like you have done a great job with it and I actually don't think I would mind if it simply came from the on board speaker as long as it was similar to say a Tom Tom or something like that (as they are pretty loud and clear to be fair).

I have an import car and the guy I bought it from had a different stereo in it (which he took out) and gave me the stock one to put back in. Only thing is its a bit battered on the front facia and having contacted Clarion today, they can get the facia's for the stereo for £39 but only for UK ones.

Because I don't want to put a battered looking stereo back in, I might go the route of getting this sat nav you have done put in and then put a single din unit (something a little understated) that has blue tooth and iPod connectivity.

The obvious other choice is a double dinn pioneer unit or something to do it all, however my worry with this is something so desirable and open to prying eyes could lead to my car getting broken in to...

Decisions decisions...! :surrender:

Is it a bose system that you have?? I ask because i no longer am using my bose head unit.

Yeah i completely agree with you on the double din stereo and is why i chose to go my way. Although i have a single din head unit it is removable and i needed it because i upgraded my entire sound setup otherwise i would of kept it looking stock.

Also you get a nice handy storage compartment if you go down the single din radio route B)