Help Please £6000 cheapest insurance!

IanS16

Having a nightmare of a day.. my Zed is being repaired as we speak and the nismo parts from bigphil are coming in the next couple of weeks so I WAS in a good mood.

A few of you know that the company I work for have been insuring my car, but due to a few smashes of vans etc, the insurance price per vehicle has gone up from £750 to £1900 and covers 25 years + drivers only.

I'm 22 so I'm not covered on the company even if the car was and the car is on finance still (and now with an insurance claim on its records) so I'd be losing almost 10 thousand £ if I sell it! Plus my Zed is my pride and joy so I can't let her go after just 6 months!

Rang a few companies and the lowest quote was £6000!

I'm 22

I've had my licence 1 year

No no claims bonus

Modified Import car

****ed.

If anyone has any ideas I'd be REALLY grateful.

Thanks

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think bottom line is it needs to be insured under someone elses name with you as a driver.

group 20 car on a 22 yr old with no ncb is not going to be easy.

can your mum or someone take insurance out in their name with you on the policy as a named driver?

modified as well, if it wasnt modded i got a fairly decent deal with kwikfit tho i would not rate their insurance department, modded i think your gonna have to go under someone else...(so to speak)

good luck man! :thumbs:

And this is why newly-qualified drivers buy pieces of crap to drive round in, just because it's all they can afford to insure. Build the NCB up and never get it insured by a company unless it's you that owns said company.

That said, who have you tried? Have you done the generic Confused.com to see who comes out lowest, and then rung them direct to see if they'll lower the price? Other than that, try Elephant if not already as they seem to be very cheap for many drivers right now.

I am 21 and under my dads insurance but i am the main driver so i still get my ncb build up!

Eh? How does that work?

I thought you can only earn NCB if you're the main driver named on the policy normally, unless you're on one of these schemes where you earn NCB that is only accepted as such by the insuring company (Direct Line's scheme, for example).

Thats wat i have done! I am 21 and under my dads insurance but i am the main driver so i still get my ncb build up! Insurance is about 1200 bucks! What mods are we talking about here mate?

Lowering Springs

ESR K1 Exhaust

JWT Pop Charger

Upgraded Y Pipe

19" LMGT4s

Motordyne 5/16" Iso Thermal Plenum Spacer

Full Nismo V1 bodykit

How long have you had your licence and do you have any no claims?

Sounds nice lol! i have after market wheels exhaust and soon to have pop charger! I have had my licence for 3 1/2 years and have 2 years no claims! Mine is through MCE give them a try OR there was someone on here advertising insurance with a discount for forum members

Ey up bud,

Our imports are still only group 18, and i was having similar problems to you insuring mine. I was 23 and the cheapest i could find was £3.7k but then my boss put me in touch with a brokers he has his impreza insured with, and they cam through. They insured me for £2.5k through elephant, even though elephant were quoting £3.7k direct to me. That was over a grand cheaper than i could find anywhere else.

Also, when they ask how many miles you do, say about 6k, and tell them that you're a member on here.

Kieth Michaels they're called... http://www.keithmichaels.co.uk/

Good luck.

Hey, i had my heart set on the car, so i wasnt gonna let a little but of insurance put me off ;) . Anyway, i got an extra £750 on my loan for the car which i paid straight into the insurance, so have been paying £200 a month for the last 9 months.

However, as of 25th July i had no more to pay now until October, so thats a few quid in me pocket! And now from October because i turn 25, it come down to approx £800, so im very happy.

Good luck ian.