Help Please £6000 cheapest insurance!

IanS16

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great to see you got this down to a reasonable price,

insurance is a tricky thing sometimes, always best to be safe than sorry, last thing you want to do is try and fiddle the system and end up losing your car because you decided not to declare something. worst of all would be hitting someone else, and wrecking both cars and have your insurance invalidated. never mind injury claims.

its a necessary evil (but comes in handy when you really need it)

That's exactly what I did - then set up a standing order every month to pay the card. Bell are good but charge a lot for the credit on installments which would probably be quite hefty on that premium.

Got my price down to £1945.71 (by choosing bodykit instead of Side Skirts, front bumper, rear bumper etc seperately)

To pay monthly they wanted £300.19 deposit and 9x Monthly installments of £300.12 which totals to £3001.27 - over a grand more! Dont think i'll be doing this!

Still really chuffed with their price though, even paying monthy it would be less than anyone else.

I also gave them a call and the price was no different to the online quote.

Sorry if everyone's getting bored - just thought i'd let you know! :yawn:

That's exactly what I did - then set up a standing order every month to pay the card. Bell are good but charge a lot for the credit on installments which would probably be quite hefty on that premium.

Got my price down to £1945.71 (by choosing bodykit instead of Side Skirts, front bumper, rear bumper etc seperately)

To pay monthly they wanted £300.19 deposit and 9x Monthly installments of £300.12 which totals to £3001.27 - over a grand more! Dont think i'll be doing this!

Still really chuffed with their price though, even paying monthy it would be less than anyone else.

I also gave them a call and the price was no different to the online quote.

Sorry if everyone's getting bored - just thought i'd let you know! :yawn:

get a new credit car with 0% transfer for 12 months and put your insurance on that, Save a grand that way

Congrats getting it sorted :)

God knows where people get their money from these days. When I was 21/22 I was driving around in a 400quid Renault 5, along with all my mates who had similarly cheap cars. The thought of owning a 13k car and the associated running costs would`t have even been considered. Did you lot go to Uni, or work straight out of school?

You went to Uni at 16? Were you some kind of child prodigy? :)

Nah, he's just Scottish... ;)

I'll go with Child Prodigy! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

No, I have my birthday near the cut off of March. My birthday is Jan and I went to primary school when I was 4. I left school at 15 (special early release) and went to college to study electronic and electrical engineering for a year and as I have good grades I then went to Uni to continue engineering at 16.

I was the youngest student ever accepted by the uni.... :teeth:

Best thing - Uni is free is Scotland! :thumbs:

Anyway, I got a real job and have been working hard since!