Clarkson's love of the Z

Leeroy

Watched a repeat of Clarkson's first Top Gear 350Z review last night on Dave+1. I even recorded it with the intent of showing my better half how great a car it is. Don't think I'll be doing that though.

I mean I knew he'd always slated the car, despite Top Gear giving it car of the year award or whatever it was, but his opinion is so different to EVERYONE elses :)

Maybe he's cranky because he doesn't fit. He did look a bit squashed :)

It was a very poor examle of the car and a JDM and not a UK car, don't really know what the point of it all was really. If you get the topgear mag it is a top rated car in their listings in the back pages.

the story goes that top gear insisted on having one but Nissan didn't have a UK example one ready so they wouldn't supply so Top Gear went and got a JDM one from a different source. A unfair report really by JC

If he drove one today I'm sure his findings would be different. He got it completely wrong about the GTR and it wasn't until he admitted all his other journo colleagues said how good it was that he changed his mind.

Plus he kept going on about the sub - easy - turn it down! :wacko:

Just wait till you watch the other review in iceland where they compare the crossfire, zed, and tt. That winds me up so much - they do a drag race - on sand! Obviously the zed's not gonna beat the 4wd TT is it. It annoyed me so much!

Just wait till you watch the other review in iceland where they compare the crossfire, zed, and tt. That winds me up so much - they do a drag race - on sand! Obviously the zed's not gonna beat the 4wd TT is it. It annoyed me so much!

+1

That really annoyed me too!

Top gear is just for fun.

+millionty

In all fairness to JC, some of what he said was absolutely spot-on (the waggling of the cubby-hole cover springs to mind) but then some of what he called flaws, I would more describe as personality and is why I fell in love with the Zed. Each to their own, it'd be boring if we all liked the same things.

didn't they do a "rally" section and clarkson said " if you have a rally stage in your back yard this is the car to have" or something along those lines, he was also grinning like a cheshire cat while driving the 350z roadster on said rally stage, must have liked it at some point :)

what i cant understand is in all his 350z reviews he describes the engine note as a drone...has he got feckin carrots in his ears, i genuinely think for the money its one of the best sounding cars. my mate has an e92 m3 and even he comments on how nice the noise is everytime he's in it!!

how he can say a mazda rx8 sounds good and a 350z sounds awful just baffles me (if you pardon the exhaust pun) :lol:

i usually like clarkson but on this occasion.....CLARKSON, YOU ARE A #!$/!

Like has been said before he tested a jdm which had to be tweeked for the uk market, I would agree that the build quality in the one he had looked sh*te but at the same time he loves alfas????? enough said. Clarkson is just a journo with a jumped up attitude. If you want a decent report watch 5th gear, where Tiff said it's a 911 for half the money.

Dont listen to Clarkson for car advice.

Fifth gear is for car reviews.

Top gear is just for fun.

True.

If Fifth Gear sort some slicker filming out, and lose the random presenters (obviously not Tiff or VBH ;) ) for this new series then we'll be onto a winner.

I saw an old Fifth gear yesterday with Tiff blowing up some twin engined Caterham type thing. A clutch for each engine :wacko: He did manange 0-60 in less than 3.0 seconds first though :thumbs:

fifth gear loved it, the tart said it would be in her top 10 cars

Eh! dont call her tart :boxing:

I have a soft spot for her. Any girl into fast cars and racing is OK in my book. Beats having to talk about shoes, shopping and what Victoria Beckham's latest haircut is like with them all day....... ............(unless shopping is about mods :lol:)

True.

If Fifth Gear sort some slicker filming out, and lose the random presenters (obviously not Tiff or VBH ) for this new series then we'll be onto a winner.

As long as they keep it as a sort of car magazine format it will always be taken more seriously. We dont need another top gear. 1 is enough.

I'm kind of getting bored of Top Gear. My mate at work has a friend who works on the show and he says they have real trouble thinking up new ideas for the show.

I'm just tired of seeing yet another pointless (Pre-timed) race across some country or another, or some race against some rock climbers/skiiers/skateboarders.

I wish they would do a few more pieces on modded cars though. JC goes on about how "this ferrari churns out a massive 570bhp". Lets get some modded cars in there to blow them away with 1000/1500 bhp (Dodge Viper with 1546hp vs Buggati Veyron)

Be good for them to get 20 grand to buy a car and mod it. Then see what cars it could beat in a race. A toyota supra or a 300ZX spring to mind

Rather than creating lame challenges like the Police car one (Lexus vs Fiat Coupe vs Vitara) they should do more objective ones, like the Evo feature (was it the Grand challenge?) where they pitted the 205, Nissan (er 300ZX?) and BMW against each opther with REAL tests. At least then when we've drooled over the supercars, we can get back to reality and think about cars that we can afford :)

Actually the Police challenge was a bad example, it was f**king hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe we just need TopGear and Fifth Gear. I like 'em both, they both have cars in. What about Wheeler Dealers then...... ;) Sorry, couldn't resist the thead evolution B)