steves 350z detail

ECLIPSE AUTO VALET

hello guys , met up with steve to view the car and chat about the detail required .spent about an hour discussing the detail and steve was happy to make the booking .

car was dropped off to me monday morning .and pretty clean so no before shots .

quick run trough the products for the wash stage

citrus degreaser (arches and lower panels)

alloys cleaned with non acidic wheel cleaner and EZ detail brush

350z005.jpg

snowfoam

wash TBM sheepskin mitt sonax gloss shampoo

dried with a giant cobra guzzler towel

350z004.jpg

350z006.jpg

paint thickness readings varied from 80 to 120

350z011.jpg

the front of the car had some bad stone chips which steve had touched up prior to the detail , car was then taped up ready for machining

350z030.jpg

machine s used for this detail is the metabo rotary , and the porter cable ,

pads were megs soft buff for the metabo and sonus sfx with the pc

compounds are menzerna

9 hours later and a burnt head , car was rewashed and dried .

dodo lime prime via the pc and a coat of rainforest rub as the desired wax

350z015.jpg

350z035.jpg

350z009.jpg

tyres dressed with nielsens brilliance tyre shine

arches dressed with AG supersheen

exhausts polished with autosol.

day two

engine bay cleaned with patience lol

350z036.jpg

inerior not to bad really just a good vac , mf wipe down

350z037.jpg

glass in and out AG glass cleaner .

thanks again steve appreciate your business

peter

only thing about cleaning a car to that degree is you would not want to drive it doen the road as it will only take a few hundread yards to get it mucky again.

but must say looks fab, pics make it look concourse clean.

Nice job and write-up Peter - question please, the EZ wheel brush, is that the best for ZED wheels or is there another you might also recommend?

:)

Need something that does not fall apart like the Halfords rubbish.

Many thanks to Pete for now having the cleanest 350Z in Wales! :teeth: The only problem i`ve got is the car is parked in my garage and i`m too afraid to take it out in case it gets dirty again :doh: Jokes aside, Pete did a brilliant job, very helpful, and i wouldn`t hesitate in recommending him. His cleaning tips should help me keep the car in tip top condition too. :thumbs::notworthy:

yes agree , but its just having the correct equipement to do the job , towels /mfs for polishing , decent polish .

its a mine field out there as regards products , my main polish /wax are dodo and duragloss, ok not the most expensive on the market , but in my opinion some of the higher priced mentioning no names , you just pay for the name

Totally agree with the wax. If there was a wax on the market that could resist stone chips like the paintshield product, then a few £100 bucks for a tub of wax would be money well spent. The shine on my car is as good as it gets B)B) , whether you spend £20 or £200 on wax the difference would be negligible, thats my opinion anyway. :wacko:

i think sometimes steve people think they get something more if it costs a fortune , and i am a believer of you get what you pay for , but maybe not when it comes to polish/wax , the duragloss and dodo id say are excellently priced around the £40 mark, and in comparison tests next to something 3 times that price you couldnt tell which is which

i think sometimes steve people think they get something more if it costs a fortune , and i am a believer of you get what you pay for , but maybe not when it comes to polish/wax , the duragloss and dodo id say are excellently priced around the £40 mark, and in comparison tests next to something 3 times that price you couldnt tell which is which

Nice work B) the pics seem a little light which i dont think gives a true representation of the quality of work done

polishes/waxes are personal preference and i do believe people become brainwashed by recommendations and advertising

lots of people rate AG but i think its very very average aswell as p21s, it also depends on the colour of your car, i have a Gunmetal and the best polish i've found (by hand) is clearkote vanilla moose topped with some hard candy dodo but that may not be true for other colours

best shampoo i find for mine is poorboys slick and suds, i found duragloss a little streaky

zaino is over rated imo aswell as swissvax for the price

i see henry in the back of the van :thumbs:

ab lance :thumbs:

IMAG0452.jpg

ps. i dont rate any wheel brushes, i use a lambs wool wash mitt

You don't rate much do you Gixxer!! :lol:

Nice job there, I have neglected mine a bit recently although will pull out my not rated P21S (or whatever it's called now!), AG glass products and my recent Chemical Guys and Poorboys spending spree results soon to try and get that real shine back. It's too hot at the moment!

:blush: i'm just too fussy mate :headhurt:

Only pulling ya leg buddy. Everyone has their favourites, and conditions do effect how products work. Try using AG polishes in anything other than very cool, dry conditions. It's a right pain!

:blush: i'm just too fussy mate :headhurt:

Only pulling ya leg buddy. Everyone has their favourites, and conditions do effect how products work. Try using AG polishes in anything other than very cool, dry conditions. It's a right pain!

AG polish is a pia on dark cars as it creates a lot of static, that coupled with it being quite powdery :headhurt:

i do like clearkote and its a decent price :thumbs:

thanks for all the comments guys appreciate any feedback , also with the products that i use , temperature doesnt matter, and ease of application and removal is important to me

Having a Sunset myself and grooming it to compete at shows, I know like the yellow and white how hard is to get them looking stunning. Nice job there mate. B)