steves 350z detail

ECLIPSE AUTO VALET

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Just a quick update. I've only waxed the Z two or three times in the nine months since the detail, but every time i wash the car the dirt just runs off, and the shine keeps coming back. :#1: It was money well spent in my opinion, and wouldn't hesitate having it done again if the old swirl marks come back. By the way Pete, i need some more citrus degreaser and some other products, if you have anything else you can convince me with ;) Would like to see you saturday if you have some free time, as i need this stuff to clean the car for our little Bristol meet on Sunday. :thumbs:

Rinse off the snow foam after, say 5 minutes. Most of the dirt would run off, but heavy contaminants would be broken down which would make it easier to remove when washing the car using the 2 bucket method.

I have found that how well the dirt runs off is MUCH more dependant on what you have done before than the snowfoam. Get a really well polished/waxed car and the dirt will just fall off. Get a car that has not had a wax in a while and snowfoam does not really move it much (unless you have the luxury of a 60 degree pressure washer)

As has been mentioned. Cleaning a car that has been properly cleaned, clar bared, polished and wax is sooo easy. Can be done in under 20 minutes and you car looks 90% again.

Rinse off the snow foam after, say 5 minutes. Most of the dirt would run off, but heavy contaminants would be broken down which would make it easier to remove when washing the car using the 2 bucket method.

I have found that how well the dirt runs off is MUCH more dependant on what you have done before than the snowfoam. Get a really well polished/waxed car and the dirt will just fall off. Get a car that has not had a wax in a while and snowfoam does not really move it much (unless you have the luxury of a 60 degree pressure washer)

As has been mentioned. Cleaning a car that has been properly cleaned, clar bared, polished and wax is sooo easy. Can be done in under 20 minutes and you car looks 90% again.

My motorbike is testament to that. I went out for a 100 mile run yesterday afternoon. It was covered in bugs and a a bit of road grime. Sprayed it with an open ended hose (water only) and had a look. Nothing left on at all! :lol:

Even my bike helmet has had sealant and wax..... :blush: