Fuels

Hi All,

Just picked up an 04 Blue zed, she has a few miles on the clock 56k and needs a bloody good clay bar to bring her back... but all in all very impressed, especially how flat she is round corners...

Been snooping around the site for a few days now, just reading up on the tips and tricks... must say it is a good site and that from what I can see zed ownership isn't that problematic.

Anyway babbling on there bit, just wanted to know what you guys fill up with and what kind of performance/economy differences do you notice?

I know this is a sort of loaded question as a few years ago I used to fill up my last jap car on Optimax/V-Power and on that car I did feel a difference, wondering if this engine will be the same....

So my next question is... if it has to be 98 or above what's the best bang for buck? I've never used supermarket fuel due to all the scare stories, but anyone tried the Tesco 99ron?

Cheers

Gi

I put 95 in if Im doing a long motorway journey will no ill effects.

But generally always use V-Power

Thats a bit of a false economy really as you will get better mpg with higher RON fuel, and I believe it out-weighs the cost difference

(according to my mechanic anyway)

Thanks for the big welcome guys, so it looks like there aren't any horror stories out there, which is good :)

Ah, so you haven't heard about all the times that the rear axle's fallen off at speed, or when the ECU goes mad and locks all the doors and breathes really hot aircon at you till you suffocate, or sweat a lot?

Only kidding, this only happens rarely.

:welcome: btw